+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I to have this feeling like im going to fall out of myself i noticed it a couple of weeks ago after going to the gym or if i walk really fast.

I also had urinary_retention after birth which is still not right, I can't tell when i need to pee lost the sensation it's been 4 months and i haven't recovered the doctors don't know what to do with me.

In the begining they just kept telling me it will get better..... well here iam still waiting.

you are not alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brisbane View Post
    I agree, i have told everyone i know. I asked all my friends about their recovery from babies, they all recovered perfect. I must admit i feel a twang of jelousy. But the more i talk about it to anyone and everyone the more i am hearing "oh yes i know someone how has had that" funny how it makes you feel so much better when you dont feel like the only one with a mangled private!
    I think injuries from childbirth are a lot more common than women let on, its a shame they are embarassed about it and don't say anything, because it makes those that didn't come out of childbirth perfectly feel they are the only ones. Just look at how quickly "designer vagina" surgery took off, thousands of women in Australia have had it done and some are going overseas to get it done cheaply. But it takes a very brave woman to admit to her friends that things don't look so great down there anymore. (But I will tell you, my labia literally got ripped to shreds when DS1 was born and they never stitched it up so I think I'm a bit "mangled" as well)
    Also, I read something above that Mrs. Neitsch said, about a low cervix? I have noticed that mine is heaps lower after having DS2 and sex can be so painful...I know the feeling you are talking about afterwards too. I wasn't even aware that that might be a type of prolapse!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3boybubs For This Useful Post:

Mummy5ormore  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you so much for telling me you to have the same thing. My physio reckons it is heaps more common than I know. I am going to go real hard on my exercises (physio ones) for 3 - 4 months and see. She is 1 in Aug so should know soon after that if it is going to work. You should not be going to the gym if you have a prolapse, i was going 4 days a week and doing pump and sit ups etc, physio said that is the worse thing you can do. If you are in Brisbane I am seeing Sally Obrien in spring hill, she also has a officein ashgrove on thursdays. She is so understanding and says it might help.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have the same thing.

I had a very fast birth with my third baby and now have a prolapse.

I can't even wear tampons anymore as the prolapse just 'pushes them out'.

I asked the physio at the hospital and she said lots of women get it. Just to keep doing kegel exercises and hope it improves... that there's not really anything worth doing while I'm still in baby making mode, but if it doesn't improve there is surgery to correct it. (which I'll get done once I'm finished having kids.. after I've given it about 2 years to resolve naturally)

Don't be embarrassed about it. It will get better with exercise and as time goes on. Just try and hold your pelvic muscles when you cough and sneeze and make sure you do your kegels regularly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Brisbane,

I gave birth 8 weeks ago (very traumatic) and have a prolapse. I'm still working on my pelvic floor exercises but will be seeing a OBGYN soon to get an opinion.

Has anyone spoken to you about a pessary you can have inserted? I'm not sure if it's suitable for everyone but it could be an alternative while you decide about surgery.

Good Luck and you are definitely not alone. I was told by my GP as many as 1 in 3 women have a prolapse but nobody talks about it. Some women don't even know they have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have it too.

It 1st happened after the birth of my 2nd child, but "fixed" itself up, I didn't even know what it was until it happened again after the birth of my 3rd child. All of my labours have been very fast, the last one only 30 minutes.

I had urinary retention and also felt something bulging out. I have to admit I was horrified. Peeing is back to normal, but the bulging is still there and sometimes quite uncomfortable. It is worse after sex and before my period. I am doing physio, but are going to see a OBGYN, for their opinion and maybe a pessary.

I used to think this only happened to older women. Thanks for sharing, no one really talks about it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwigemini For This Useful Post:

Mummy5ormore  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigemini View Post
    I have it too.

It 1st happened after the birth of my 2nd child, but "fixed" itself up, I didn't even know what it was until it happened again after the birth of my 3rd child. All of my labours have been very fast, the last one only 30 minutes.

I had urinary retention and also felt something bulging out. I have to admit I was horrified. Peeing is back to normal, but the bulging is still there and sometimes quite uncomfortable. It is worse after sex and before my period. I am doing physio, but are going to see a OBGYN, for their opinion and maybe a pessary.

I used to think this only happened to older women. Thanks for sharing, no one really talks about it.
    :O someone else who has urinary retention!
    can i ask a question? do you have the sensation to pee back yet? it's been 5 months and i still haven't
    Im seeing the GYNO next week and hopefully they can do something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gabber,

I didn't have it very bad and i was peeing normally after a few weeks, lots of double voiding and such. The sensation didn't go away, I just had trouble emptying my bladder, I thought I had some strange UTI.
    I'm so sorry to hear you are having to go through this, I hope they can do something to help you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigemini View Post
    Hi Gabber,

I didn't have it very bad and i was peeing normally after a few weeks, lots of double voiding and such. The sensation didn't go away, I just had trouble emptying my bladder, I thought I had some strange UTI.
    I'm so sorry to hear you are having to go through this, I hope they can do something to help you.
    I feel so down about it.... i have spoken to people who did have this but didn't have it as bad as i do.
    I just don't get why is still have this 5 months on...i just want to be normal again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this thread is now old but just wanted to say that I have had 3 prolapses now with the last one just under a year ago.

I had a very quick labour also and went home straight afterwards and was busy running around after my other two children instead of resting like I should have been.

I had a big bulge and I can only describe the feeling as if I had a full tampon that was constantly sliding out... constantly TMI sorry!

It got much much worse if my bowel was full... which as you all may know after childbirth it takes a while to empty regularly! haha errrr

Anyhoo after a few weeks of this and it getting worse I rallied my family together (my DH works away and was gone a week after the birth) and they took the older kids and looked after them and brought me freezer food and left me to rest in bed with the baby.

I stuck my bum up on pillows and did Kegal exercise ALL day for about a week. Just worked on sucking it all up and in haha. After that I noticed a HUGE improvement! Even my uterus started to go back up because before it was very close to the opening and I could always feel it. A few months later after constantly doing my kegal exercise whenever I was in the shower, on the toilet, doing the dishes, waiting at a red light, etc I am now totally healed. My GP is amazed and says she uses my success story to encourage other woman to try first without surgery.

I can now go to the gym and...... JUMP ON A TRAMPOLINE

Good luck everyone I hope it sorts itself out as well!