+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default vagina prolapse

Hi, This is the first time I have used this site so I am i am doing it right. I need to know if anyone out there is having the same issues as me. I gave birth to my second child naturally 9lb 3oc nearly 10 months ago. before the birth i noticed a very annoying dragging sensation in my vagina, but i ignored it as I ws so huge that I thought it was normal. ( i should point out that I am not huge, but my belly was) I had my first child by CC as she was breech. I was very determined to have second naturally. Maybe a bad idea in hindsight! I got everything you could get, torn from this end to that, hemiroids, baby got group b strep so spent first 10 days in specail care, I lost so much blood I could not walk for 4 days. Then I am still limping about the house 4 weeks after, I reckon i recovered faster from my CC. Anyway, I have been complaining that I feel i am falling out of myself since the birth, the ob said "oh you are normal" at my 6 week check so i left it a bit more. Then when she was 6 months I thought there is no way this is normal so i go to my GP, she said i was normal. So then i go back to my OB and he says "oh yes you do have a moderate prolapse "F**K" i think!
    I have been seeing a excellent physio for a few months now and there has been no improvment, the last 2 days I think it has actually got worse, this is interferring with my life, I have had to give up the gym, i cant even run around the yard with my kids or wont even try to jump on the trampoline. I constantly feel gross and uncomfortable and want to hold myself. This is all i think about, it is horrible thinking you have a abnormal vagina, to have sex is ok during but for days afterwards i reget it as the dragging feeling gets real bad. I know there is a opperation you can have but the physio said I should wait 12 months!!! 12 months!!! i cant live like this for 12 months!!! has anyone had the opp and what is the feedback, i am only 31 yrs old. they say they usually only get one chance and prefer to do it in your 60's not your 30's. This is really getting me down and although it would be major surgery i cant see this physio working! please help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Although I have no advice, just wanted to send some . Bubhub is full of great advice and I know there are some wonderful ladies on here that can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't have any advice either but I've read about other ladies in this board with the same thing so just thought I would put this post up the list a bit so hopefully one of them sees it! GOODLUCK

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you so much. I know i am not the only person in the world although it sure feels like it. The physio said it is heaps more common than I know, she reckons it is just people dont talk about it. I just really want to hear from someone who has has successful physio or surgery. Thanks for your support, it makes me feel a bit better.
    Even though I have been through hell after the natural birth, funny, i am still so pleased i did it. Strange really! Us women can do anything.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brisbane For This Useful Post:

Mummy5ormore  (07-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just wondered if you are on the pill? I have a slight uterine prolapse, but it disappears when on the pill or pregnant due to the hormones thata boost it up.

My physio told me exercise etc prob won't improve, only stop it getting worse.

There is also surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, no im not on the pill, i am still breast feeding and will be for the next 2 months til she is 1. I have been told that when you are breast feeding your skin down below is a bit thinner or something so I use this ovestin cream every night which is some type of hormoan (excuse spelling) replacement to help. You are lucky that the pill helps you, i would never go off it! hehe. I am also thinking that the physio will only help it not get worse but dont know if it will help it get better, she reckons that it might MIGHT is not what i want to hear. But they say that you dont want surgery until all other options have been tried and tested. I tell you what, i cant live like this for another 12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I actually only noticed that I had one when I went off the piill and that is when doc told me. I went back on it.. but then got pregnant anyway and it totally disapperas for me in pregnancy. Might be different for me than for you if yours is vaginal as mine is the ligaments that hold up the uterus (not the vaginal wall sort of thing). Is it your cervix feeling lower or the vagina wall bulging down?

I am pregnant again, it never really came back after my last baby (but I was pg again within a few months so hard to know) but who knows what will happen in the future. I am hoping that maybe once I have finished breastfeeding the pill might keep things under control if need be.

It is very depressing and I remember the awful dragging feeling after I had DS. he was actually an emergency c-section so didnt even push him out.

Im also breastfeeding... not sure how that would affect things... If you are in Brisbane, Michelle Kenway is the best physio you can see.

MY mother had the surgery in her 60's and it didnt work plus caused her other problems. HOwever I spoke to another woman who said the surgery was the best thing that had happened to her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please tell your friend that you have heard of someone else with the same thing. It will make her feel better.
    Mrs Nietzsche I think it is the wall as it feels like something coming out. The ob said it was the wall. I can actually feel it. Very gross! thanks for telling me about your mum and the other lady, i know surgery is the last resort as they say that the side affects are massive, one being painful sex for the rest of your life, maybe would not bother me to never have sex again but dont think my husband would be so happy I am seeing a great physio who perscribes weights and everything, she is doing a great job i just want a fast result which i dont think is going to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are definitely not alone, when I first found out I refused to be silent and talked to everyone about it, and so many poeple said they had had similar problems... it might be easier for people to talk about one on one than on the net (for some reason).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, i have told everyone i know. I asked all my friends about their recovery from babies, they all recovered perfect. I must admit i feel a twang of jelousy. But the more i talk about it to anyone and everyone the more i am hearing "oh yes i know someone how has had that" funny how it makes you feel so much better when you dont feel like the only one with a mangled private!