+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starfish. I have been quitely following the over 35 thread & is thrilled to hear of your DHEA miracle during xmas. It was only last week that I had time to read the rest of the posts. I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.

It is good to hear you have had karotype testing done already. I had to push my FS after 3 failed IVF cycles for it. They only did it after discovering an unbalanced translocation on the miscarried fetus in March 2010 & the report had state it is likely to be inherited. Sure enough DH have the balanced translocation on the exact chromosomes.

Whilst we were waiting for our karotype results, I went to see Devora Leiberman for a second opinion. That is when she put me on DHEA.

I too was a patient at IVFA at the city clinic but after my last treatment, I will not recommend them. They did not advise us when DH results came through. I had to chase them up as I wanted a copy to give to Devora. It was only then I got a phone call asking if I could see Dr P that afternoon with DH. Needless to say that was something wrong as Dr P is booked out weeks in advance. His recommendation is for us to see a genetic counsellor who is able to give us more accurate facts & % which he will organise (he also totally bad mouthed Devora saying she is not a qualified IVF doctor!!). When I haven''t heard anything for 3 days, I rang the clinic. They rang back within the hour advising someone will give me a call shortly. 2 days later, still no phone call & I rang to chase up again. Got the same response. Such a life changing event & it looks like no one really give a toss. I rang up Devero's office & the kind Claudia (receptionist) recommended that I see SIVF genetic counsellor. 2 days later we were at Professor Morgan's office discussion my options. The worst part is no one had bothered to update my file that a miscarriage had occurred as 2 weeks before xmas, I received a voice mail msg on my mobile with something along this lines, "Hi, this is so & so from IVFA. Just ringing to see how your birth went (would have been due end of Oct 2010). Can you pls give me a call on so & so". How totally unprofessional!! Sorry for the vent but everthing that had happened with IVFA makes me so angry.

Going back to PGD, it was discussed with Prof Morgan. There is an initial cost of about $2k to set it up just for the 2 of you. Kinda like a template. PGD is also a very much numbers game & seeing that the no of eggs collected each time is not great (ended up 3 eggs with my last cycle at IVFA) the chances of selection is very poor. My accupunturist advised one of her client had about 25 eggs collected & only 1 did not have an unbalanced translocation. Therefore our best chance of conceiving is through donor sperm. Unfortunately SIVF does not provide anonymous donors so I did not go through a cycle with Devora. Therefore I have changed clinic to Fertility First where there is no waiting period for sperm donors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you, thank you EBEAR for sharing your experience and wealth of info. Huge congratulations on your pregnancy and I pray to ALL the gods that you will be holding this precious bub in 7 months time

In answer to your question, we did have karyotyping on the tissue last time I had a D&C but results were inconclusive as came back 46XX. I have just decided today to have another D&C for this pregnancy (as hcg is still slowly rising not falling) so it will be sent for testing again but FS is not confident we will get a more conclusive result as sac is measuring quite small. I will take you up on your offer and PM you with more questions re: CGH soon. Thank you!

AnnieC, Thank you. Good to see you around hun and I'm so sorry that you had such an awful experience with your previous clinic, so incredibly insensitive! Thanks also for sharing your decision making re: PGD and I REALLY hope that the DS path will bring you your baby very soon.
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 19-01-2011 at 06:28. Reason: error

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to dig up an old thread.. but can't find what i'm looking for

Has anyone done an ICSI cycle with PGD for Cystic Fibrosis?

I'm kinda on my own, and have no support network or know of anyone that i can bug. It's an extremely hard time and don't really know what to do and who to ask.

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I did do PGD, however not for CF.

I would imagine that the journey would be very similar.

If I can be of any help at all in telling you what my journey was like and what I had to do, I am more than willing to help. Just not sure if it would be any different when checking for CF.

Good luck and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EBEAR For This Useful Post:

KS09  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had started our first ICSI cyle in October last year, but one day before EPU, found out we were both carriers of CF, so we didn't go any further. We were at FertilitySA and they couldn't offer PGD testing, so now we're with MonashIVF in Clayton and Dr Nick Lolatgis.

I've been told by the genetics team at monash that they need 6 embryos to test. if they dont get 6, then they will be frozen until i do another cycle and get 6.

Is 6 too many to achieve at one time? and how many cycles iwth pgd did you have to do before you got somewhere?

My health is fine, just i'm a carrier. I'm pretty much a text-book woman, every cycle happens on time, my hormones are fine, i ovulate properly.

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Monash are doing a technique called GSN, this is new to them and have only just started doing it. It tests full chromosomes and the biopsy is actually sent to the US to get processed.

I don't know what day they test, but if it is day 3, then having 6 at your age, will probably not be a problem. If they test on day 5, having 6 really good ones may be.

The reason they need so many, is that at day 3, the chance of them making it to day 5, is like 50% and after that it is a 50% chance that they are normal.

They may offer other types of testing, single gene testing with PCR.

I have had to do 2 cycles to get 4 to PGD, but our clinic will test just one, and test only on a day 5 or 6 hatching blast, so very hard to get to. But you have to pay again if it isn't clear.

If I were you, I would do a cycle and if you don't think it is enough, cycle again. Your eggs will be of better quality when you are younger and I am assuming you would like a sibling at a later stage, then you can always use the frozen tested embryos from the same cycle.

At your age, I really don't think 6 is too many to achieve on one cycle, even with day 5 testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooo , i'm back from a trip to Melbourne, i went to see the team at MonashIVF and Dr Lolatgis. We're not doing the new GSN testing, as they said because of my age it's not needed, and it'll just be an extra cost.. can't remember, but it was around $5000 i think.

Everyone at MonashIVF and Dr Lolatgis were really helpful and took their time to explain things to us. Very overwhelming, and my brain felt like it was going to burst with the information overload, but now i'm feeling confident with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Would like to get some more updates on any success stories from PGD, hopefully there are some out there!!

We have just completed our ICSI/PGD cycle for recurrent implantation failure. 7 transfers, 5 of which have been chemicals. I am "young" in IVF terms, all testing has come back normal (including karyotyping) except for newly discovered homozygous MTHFR which I'm now on Megafol for.

Of 17 eggs collected, 4 made it to day 3 for testing and only one tested normal. We transferred a Day 5 morula (I believe PGD embies can be half a day behind because of the biopsy), but have no frosties.

Appreciate any success stories or insights from others who've been through PGD/SNP etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I have done PGD, I am not a success yet, I have had 2 transfers so far and both were chemicals, but we think we worked out why. I had a transfer last week and so far so good, I have positive HPT, but have to wait till Beta. I have been told that chemicals are far less likely with PGD.

You have a great chance, the fact that you have 75% abnormals would really mean to me that this could be why you are getting so many chemicals.

Here is a thread that I am on, we have 2 BFP's so far and 2 in the 2WW, so hopefully more BFP's on the way. Join in, would love to have you.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...few-questions-

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scarlet For This Useful Post:

LiteFantastic  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starfish, I've seen your name around - sorry you're still on this roller coaster.

After many unsuccessful attempts, despite having great quality embryos & getting the all clear on karyotypes testing, we did PGD testing at MIVF

Had to wait a couple cycles to start (going on BCP so dates could be fit in etc). I found the experience good - being provided with info & updates on our progress.

The additional $3k for the cycle seemed ok for a once & all answer on if we were capable of ever producing an embryo that would become our baby...of course I'm totally bias as am almost 28weeks preg now Happy to answer any questions.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rice For This Useful Post:

LiteFantastic  (18-09-2012)