User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Newstart allowance & Partner Income?

Does anybody know how much your partner can earn before your ineligible for newstart allowance? Is the cut off 40K a year or there abouts?

My partner earns around $1000-$1200 a week, give or take and I am not working and could use the extra $$$ before our baby arrives since all his wage goes to our dumb mortgage and bills etc. Does anyone know much about centrelink payments, would I be eligible for newstart allowance, or does my DP earn too much?

Also I'm not on maternity leave and I dont have any annual leave or anything of the sort, so i'm eligible in that way...just unsure of the income test part of things?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry but if your DP earns that much in a week there is no way you would be eligible for Newstart Allowance!! That is a lot of money that he is earning!

The cutoff I think is about $700 per F/n gross income.

A better option would be to re-do your budget to see where you can save some money before bub arrives. Look at your shopping bill, electricity use - ways to cut down, any luxuries like dinners out, foxtel etc and just try to cut down as much as you can.

You can find more info on Centrelink at www.centrelink.gov.au but you will not be eligible for any payments from them until your bub arrives and you put in for Family Assistance.

I hope you can adjust your budget and find some ways to save!
    Me & DH
    DD - 5
    TTC #2
    IVF #1 - BFN IVF #2 - BFN IVF #3 - BFN
    FET#1 - BFP!! EDD 5th October '13

Thanks
    Reviews

basically if your partner is earning anything above minimum wage you can forget centrelink

don't know how they expect families to life off $40K but thats a whole other conversation

maybe contact each of your debts (loans) and restructure your payments for the next 6-12 months to reduce your outgoings - thats is what we did no way we could afford things otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No way my DF is on that and for our bub I get I think $90 FTB.

BabyPaparazzi is online now Children are constantly changing, Parent as constantly adapting
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nothing on that wage sorry. I get a parenting payment but that's with my partner on low income (apprenticeship) only about $1200 per fortnight (35k) but its only about $180 per fortnight depending on that wage cause I have to report it fortnightly. If her earns much more than that I get nothing.
    ME (32) DF (30) DD1 (6 yr) DD2 (4 1/2mths)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newstart allowance

Hi does anyone know how much I can earn with out my partners newstart allowance be affected? I am on parenting payment and I know I can earn up to 200 without that being affected but can't find info on his newstart. Please help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your partners Newstart Allowance isn't impacted by what you earn only by what he earns.
    DD-7|DS-5|DD-3|DD-1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

Anita1986  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? Why do they ask if I have earned when he reports? Weird but awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita1986 View Post
    Really? Why do they ask if I have earned when he reports? Weird but awesome
    Actually sorry it seems it does! Have you tried playing with the online estimator
    https://www.centrelink.gov.au/RateEstimatorsWeb/cre.do
    DD-7|DS-5|DD-3|DD-1