I went to my first appointment at the hospital today and immediately requested an elective caesarean due to (in a nutshell) a cervical tear and traumatic birth from my last son. Essentially their respsonse was that "they don't know if I'll be granted a c-section" and my case is being put before the board of about 6 doctors for them to decide if it will be in mine and bubs best interest, and if my reasons are "medical enough" to warrant one. I will also be seeing the hospital councellor to try for a c-section on emotional grounds as well to help my case.
As a back up plan however, if my request gets rejected by the hospital, I was told that I could have 'intermediate care' which isn't public or private - but essentially it means you have public care, but then pay for an OB to come in and perfornt he c-section in the public hospital. I was just wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to do this? The midwives couldnt' tell me. We really dont' have a lot of money, and of course I will be persuing the public route first...but it may come to this as having a natural, vaginal birth is just not an option for me. Not even a consideration.