+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there

I am 32 and moved to Ellenbrook (bridges est) in February I have a 3.5 year old daughter who would love to meet some friends in the area. we moved from Glasgow and love it here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but my hubby and dd 3 and ds 1 are planning to move to wa early next year. we are planning to come and explore the suburbs around Sep/Oct this year. From research done on the net, my hubby's preferred place is Ellenbrook i am also considering the Rockingham area.

Would be looking for playgroup, daycare, new friends, jobs etc.

We live in Sydney NSW.

Does anyone have any advice/recommend areas/activities or your experience with moving here, particularly if you came from interstate or even Sydney.

We were thinking of using moving cars website to transport our car and dialabox or similar for a shipping container for our furniture. Anyone have any experience with these or similar.

What about gyms, swimming pools, shops etc.

Also how long is the commute into Perth CBD during peak times on average.

I have heard that Public transport isn't the best either, not that we'd be relying on this though.

What are the schools like in the area.

Re: Kindy/Pre-Primary. My daughter is 4 in early Sep 2011. Would she go into Kindy in 2012, Pre-primary in 2013 and year 1 in 2014?

Both my kids currently go to long day care 3 days a week for long days. Is it better just to go to long daycare then start pre-primary or year 1. Our first year of formal compulsary education is kindgeraten in nsw.

Sorry for the long post ladies. Hope someone sees this post and replies as a mum's opinion who has moved into the area would be really appreciated.

Thaanks,

Kirsty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I'm 27 & living in Ellenbrook (malvern springs) with my partner (28) & our (almost) 4 week old son.
    I would love to meet some other mummies in the area. We've been here 3 years & I'm yet to make any local friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

We just moved to Ellenbrook (Aveley) four weeks ago. I'm 27, I have a 2.5 yo and a 2 month old, looking for play dates, meet ups at local parks etc with other mums and bubs of similar ages. If any one is interested please let me know. Thanks :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default new to ellenbrook

Hi,

Ive moved to ellenbrook (malvern springs) in January and havent met a lot of people yet - apart from my neighbours but they dont have kids! Would be good to meet up with you kiwi mum or little pink stars, my son will be 3 in November, would be good to get out down the park or something with some other kids, let me know if your interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey leahjet do you have an email or facebook or something that I can contact you privately?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi kiwimum,

yep, contact me on facebook Leah Robati or email lrobati@hotmail.com..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies,

Im moving with my family to Ellenbrook in a couple of weeks and trying to get our social lives sorted before then!! Im sure you are all more than aware that happy kids makes for a happy Mummy!! I have 3 girls nearly 4, nearly 2 and 6 months. We are currently in south perth but moving to get a bit more space and something more settled for the girls. Although I am primarily looking for friends and play dates for the kids I too need friends! so even if no one wants to get together with the kids then I am always up for a glass of wine and a chat of an evening. In fact I think i will need it!

My husband (34) and I (33) are originally from the UK and have been in Perth for 5 years and love it. As I dont really know a great deal about Ellenbrook it would be great to be able to talk to someone who has been there for a while.

It would be great to hear from anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spana9578 a wine sounds good! sheesh all this organising playdates for our bubs is thirsty work ive chatted to kiwimum and pinkstars about organising some playdates! but ive just moved to ellenbrook also and have 15 month old boys havent been here for long but happy to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also like the idea of a glass of wine and a chat! :-)