+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question Good GP recommendation?

Hi all
    Can anyone recommend a good GP, prefer in the Port Kennedy area, but anywhere Rocko/Secret Harbour really. We had a fantastic one in Secret Harbour, but she's moved and so I'm pretty keen to find someone who's good (great!) with kids and general family stuff.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll be watching for replies as I don't have a gp yet in Port Kennedy and will need to get a new insulin script soon ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry can't help even tho I live down this way I still go to my old GP's.

I know there has recently been a new M/C open in Baldivis if you need to
    get in to see someone as normally a wait at a normal GP's is sometimes a week
    or so.

It's called Gemini Medical Centre. Good Luck, I hope you find someone you
    like, but more importantly get an appointment.

Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go to Woodbridge medical center which is next door to Rockingham hospital. They have great doctors there - a couple bulk bill even. I have 2 children and have gone there since pregnant with the oldest who is now almost 2.
    In an emergency there is a new medical center opened up in rockingham (next to centrelink) that is open until 10pm. They bulk bill everything but you cannot make an appointment.
    Avoid Port Kennedy medical center - I had a bad experience there.
    Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    the medical services in the area are really bad - we can never get in to see a doctor when we need and that makes it really worrying when you have small kids. We have had 2 good doctors but it is impossible to see either of them - our most recent family doctor is now at the Rockingham Medical Centre in Civic Blvd and we tried to see him on Monday with my sick little boy, but were told that he doesn't see people by appointment and we could wait for over 1 hour if we wanted to see him. So now I am on the search for a new doctor. I then tried Woodbridge, where our medical records are also at, but were told there were no appointments there either (no great surprise). So whereelse to go? We have medical records now at 4 different medical centres in the area but get in to see a doctor at any of the places. And when you do, you end up waiting for nearly 2 hours - its completely ridiculous - and I'll stop ranting now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vent away JB bcoz it's the only way people get to know how it really is by sharing our experiences.

Having said that tho, I had a good experience recently that i'd like to share, and that was with Baldivis M/C over near Stockland.
    Given it is new and just establishing a patient listing, but you'd
    think given the population of the R'ham area you struggle for an appointment.
    Not in this instance.
    I called a week today actually and told them my son had been sick, ie. vomiting/diahorria, lethargic etc and she told me to bring him straight over. We saw a dr within 10mins of being there.
    So, I just wanted to share my good news story bcoz I know they are few and far
    between.
    I hope you can find a good GP in the area soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks melinc - good to hear that you have a positive experience to share. I have learnt to speak directly to a nurse at some of the medical centres (ie get past the person at reception who just says that there are no appointments and that is it) and the nurse will try and get you in to see one of the doctors. I have just written to the Minister for Health and also our local member - perhaps something will be done...when, who knows????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having had the same problem, I have just started seeing a Dr at the Baldivis Medical Centre who seems to be good with children. Name is: Dr Baggely (Male).
    Being a new centre, there is very little wait time - usually you can get an appoint the same day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all. I've been to the new Baldivis one too, it was great - got in that day.

FYI - avoid Warnbro Medical Centre (Safety Bay Rd) AT ALL COSTS - it's just one Dr, Dr Lim, and she is SHOCKING!!!!! I needed an urgent appointment for suspected mastitis, and now I know why I got into her so quick. She is very strange, and didn't even look at me, take my temp, then prescribed me antibiotics which the pahrmacist told me are no good for mastitis!! Dreadful, dreadful experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    how does everyone manage to get into the Baldvis Medical centre?? I phoned 4 different medical centres last week (including Baldivis) when my little boy was burning up with fever - couldn't get into any of them and was told just to give him Panadol or take him to the hospital if it got worse. Perhaps there is a secret code word for Baldivis!!