My ex has decided to lodge an affadavit in court trying to get our interim family orders changed, only a month or so after they were made.
When we first went to court, he only brought a solicitor in at the last moment, didn't ask for holiday time to take the kids interstate to see his family, so didn't get orders about this. He starting trying to get me to agree to an interstate visit outside the orders less than 2 weeks out of court. I tried to negotiate various compromises with him, but he wanted everything.
So now, I have a decision to make. My solicitor can either rely on a precedent that says that orders shouldn't be changed if the circumstances haven't changed, but if the magistrate doesn't accept this, then I risk them agreeing to what my ex wants, which I feel is very excessive. Or I can put forward alternative proposals, but that means we have to enter into the debate, and I have to make commitments to the kids having interstate time away from me, in advance of other court processes that are meant to help us work out what is best for the kids, at a point where they have only just started having 2 night visits with their dad.
Anyone been through something similar? My solicitor says I need to give her instructions and that she can't advise which way to go. (I hate that line, I wish the experts would give an opinion sometimes).