+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How exciting LL! How are you finding the course?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys...

We have had a busy few weeks...DH is off for a trial with a small company...he will be away for three weeks! Its a big chunk to begin with but at least it will give him a taste of what the work will be like I guess. It all happened pretty quick and because we dont know anyone in this industry I feel like a phamplet and a list of what he needs to take would come in handy...like on a school camp He is going in to fill out paper work so we will know more tomorrow.

We have also decided to start trying for no 2. DS is 6 months old now so we feel its a good time plus we dont want too big a gap.

Where is QLD are you Jessboy? We're in Townsville.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starzy it is a bit like a school camp!! Depends where they are accommodating him as to what he will need, three weeks isn't too long so as long as he has a toothbrush and a change of jocks he should be right Where abouts is he going to be working??
    We are in Noosa, hoping to get to Townsville and up that way for a few days some time soon to check out what else is out there!!
    Good luck with TTC #2, I was worried we would have trouble with DH being away but we found out two days before we moved that DS2 was on the way!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Toothbrush and jocks we can do

Oh we love the Sunshine Coast...we are actually from Brisbane but have been here for three years now...we would love to live on the coast.

That was good news for no 2! I am not sure how we will go....I haven't had AF yet and my cycle was so irregular to begin with...plus I am still breastfeeding...but we can only try and hope

If you want any info on Townsville let me know...happy to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies can i join in? I am a mum of 2 angels

6 years old
    3 years old

my hubby also is away alot with his work taking him interstate and also overseas. I know what you ladies are going through. Me personally i am trying to run my own business from home and also do school run and run a household.

hubby has been travelin for a while now but sometimes it feels like it only gets harder.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi aimz2314 thanks for your reply. I know how lonely it can be when huuby is away.My hubby goes away at least once a month. Thanks to my lovely and supportive mum she stays with me a helps with caring for my angels while i run my home business and do the groceries. My eldest who is six goes to school but she has been constantly sick this year, she keeps picking up everything going around. sometimes she spends more time at home than at school..Aimz if you have the time take up a hobby of some sort...it can distract you while he is away..I try to go to the gym when my mum can stay with the little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going?

DH left yesterday for his three week stint. I dont know how often we will get to talk as he doesn't have a telstra mobile so has no coverage...grrr.

DH normally feeds DS his dinner then baths him then I take over for a boobie feed and put him to bed....2 nights now DS has been hysterical...that high pitched crying...nothing else in our routine has changed...poor little man...wondering what I am doing wrong...he must miss his daddy already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, can I join in to please? Hubby works on a rig in the Timor Sea somewhere, 4 on, 4 off and we have a DS, 5 and a DD, 3. I am a marine biologist but I only work 3 days/week these days. Its so nice to find people who are in the same boat! I find the 4 weeks I am on my own is stupidly busy, I am always running to something, late for something or have forgotten something . Days can be very long, up at 5.30 with DD, don't get finished getting ready for the next day until 8.30pm. My sanity is lots of activity to make the weeks pass faster - i take the kids camping, have girlfriends over for dinner after the kids are in bed, that sort of thing. The thing I crave most is time on my own but that is just a dream at the moment as I am either at work or with the kids. The internet is also good, I spend quite a bit of time of facebook after the kids are in bed as most of my family is in UK, US and South Africa.
    I so get it when people are saying hubbys return disrupts everything, sometimes I swear I am more busy and have more to do when DH is home. My pet name for him is Captain Chaos . Anyway, better end here for now, this is getting rather long. Look forward to chatting soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All.. Hope you don't mind if I join this thread, my DH works away in the mines 2 weeks away one home.. I find his schedule works... don't think I could cope with more than 2 weeks home at a time - I am ready to hand the kids over for five minutes peace. Though usually at the end of the week I am ready for him to go back and get back to our normal routine.... We have three little ones, DS1 is 4, DS2 is 22 months and DD is 10 months. We are also Perth based. Sorry to hear some of the little ones are finding it hard without their dads - it always breaks your heart when they miss them. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Tiger's Mum!
    I know what you mean about not being able to handle much longer. I find our 8 days hard, I don't know how people do it for 4+ weeks, I would go mental!!