Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi again
    DH left this morning boo hoo hoo
    kids have been pretty good tho, we all had a nap

Babymaker~ where are you moving to?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    LL

Leinster (400Km north of Kalgoorlie).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah yes, my DH used to work in Leonora.

I wouldn't want to move to a mining town, I need the grandparents nearby for babysitting and my friends for sanity

We are thinking of moving to the hills or a bit south, somewhere we can have acreage and be self-sufficent but still close enough to the airport for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW Babymaker, just saw your second child is the same age as mine but your first is 6mo younger than mine! I thought our age gap was hard work! Do you struggle much when DH is away?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by library-laksa View Post
    Ah yes, my DH used to work in Leonora.

I wouldn't want to move to a mining town, I need the grandparents nearby for babysitting and my friends for sanity

We are thinking of moving to the hills or a bit south, somewhere we can have acreage and be self-sufficent but still close enough to the airport for him.
    I grew up 'out bush' and really enjoyed it. We don't rely on grandparents for babysitting they are pretty busy with a business and my 2 nieces. I'm looking forward to checking out the day care, might do my Diploma externally if it is small and nice then use that as a stepping stone to midwifery when the boys are in school.

Quote Originally Posted by library-laksa View Post
    WOW Babymaker, just saw your second child is the same age as mine but your first is 6mo younger than mine! I thought our age gap was hard work! Do you struggle much when DH is away?
    Yeah I noticed that we had 'similar' aged children, um sometimes I do, sometimes I don't I try to take things slowly and just one minute/hour/day at a time. It is easier now that we have a car and a twin pram! I do find my love-o-meter gets low when DF is away especially as we are tandem feeding (so 99.99% of comfort I give them is boob, I get touched out) so it will be nice to have that topped up each day I don't think I would cope as well if he did a longer roster
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 23-06-2010 at 18:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you on the 'touched out'. I'm only breastfeeding DS2 but DS1 is always all over me too. I love that they are so snuggly but towards the end of the 8 days DH is away, I get pretty grumpy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How is everyone doing?

Hey LL, how are things going this swing?

Starzy has your hubby had any luck looking for work?

Not much happening here, hubby is on R&R so we have been pretty busy, kids have been sick though so neither of us are getting much sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All
    Hubby and I were in Karratha with our DS and I swore we would never do FIFO, had so many friends who did and could never see why we should... Well here we are now living in QLD with hubby FIFO. DS1 is 2 and DS2 is due Nov 8th. To add to it all we are living with the inlaws (lucky that we all get along so well) until our house is built, which doesn't look like it will be before DS2 is born at this rate!!! So we have a huge year this year and certainly not enjoying the whole FIFO thing at the moment, stressed to the max about DH being away once DS2 is born but am guessing we will be a little more used to the whole thing by then.
    Great to chat to other mummas in the same situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi JesseBoy wow you have had a busy year!

So today I've had a coffee and a berroca and I still have no energy. Both boys are whining at me and I just want them to go away

SOS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    evening all!

DH is home so things aren't too busy around here, hoping for a sleep-in tomorrow
    I really need to use the time he's looking after the kids to do my assignment tho, I'm studying as a breastfeeding counsellor.

Its school holidays in WA so that means more of my friends with kids will be free to do stuff, YAY! gotta keep busy when he's away...