+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It would take some adjusting. I know that I look forward to the days off with Dh, but your Dh wouldn't really get that anymore . 1.5 days per week would be disappointing especially when I'm sure he spends his Sundays mowing and doing jobs.

It would be nice to have him next to you at night though, and lovely to see him every night for dinner.

Hope it gets easier for you xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Just posting cause I need to blah a little. It's so hard sometimes, and I try so hard to be the best mum I can be. I have two kids under three and DH works away, but his time away is regular so that helps. Sigh I just wish I could be a different person cause I am sure others can do the parenting thing better than I can. But then I realise too that it is pretty damn hard when your partner works away. We don't have supports where we live and limited close social relationships despite going to mums groups etc. Of course I am so busy with the kids it's difficult to develop strong close relationships, and I find that no one really understands the FIFO life unless they are in it themselves. Sometimes it really is just getting through one day at a time, as bad as that sounds. Don't worry, tomorrow I will probably feeling fine and totally on top of it all, it's just that when you are the only parent for lengthy periods and there is no support when you are struggling, there is no one to help pick up the slack, it can really bring you down. I have to be the rock and well sometimes I crumble under the constant challenges. I know I am doing a good job though and I have a long list of coping strategies to manage it all, including during the times DH is home (this too presents some challenges). Is it motherhood, is it DH working away, or is it just being 'me' thats the problem? I am sure it is the combination of all three and parenting can be so hard. My poor kids, they have to put up with it all too! I really don't know how sole parents do it. Well done FIFO mummies! We are all heroes and it does go mostly unrecognised. Keep up the good work! Sigh....... and may the money be worth it............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle403 View Post
    Just posting cause I need to blah a little.
    I know the feeling!! and I only have 1 to run around after ... and she's not yet even walking I find the nights are the hardest, it (mostly) always seems better in the morning. It definitely is hard without that support network though

Keep plodding I'm sure you are doing great and as for those 'poor' kids ... they'll survive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emj ! . The literature says there are more peak experiences and of course more low low's when you are a FIFO family. We are just having a bit of a low low today. ...... and the darlings are snoozing now. Phew!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Michelle I had a low day the other day too, I find being with other adults recharging how about you, what recharges your batteries?

Took the red pill.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *bump* just bumping this thread up

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the bump. My DH is away atm he will be back not this Tuesday but the next.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Going to jump in and join this thread. My DH does FIFO work and we have a 6 week old DS. DH has just gone back to work for the first time since DS was born. Coping ok so far and managing to get things done around the house as well as caring for DS. Be great to talk to others in similar positions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi again everyone
    My DH is home at the moment, he leaves on Monday... We just got new carpets in the bedrooms so he's been really busy moving furniture!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone

Raff my man is back the day after, on wednesday morning DS1 has kindy that day so he should get a nice sleep after coming off might shift.

Summa, glad to hear your going well remember to nurture yourself (good food, rest and recharge your batteries) too

Laksa, we need to catchup! Have you checked the baldivis meet thread? We're meeting again at chipmunks next mon/tue 27th/28th if you can come?

AFM I'm doing good, I really have to make sure I regularly see people IRL or I crash and burn so I'm really focusing on that at the moment.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 18-02-2012 at 10:34.