+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow wanna.. That is awesome for you guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats wanna! How exciting for you guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So... just wondering if anyone else gets overwhelmed and teary when your Dh is leaving for work?

Dh is doing 6 on /3 off and over the last 2 weeks I have found myself crying when he is leaving. He told me to suck it up (nicely) because it makes him upset and he has to drive 4.5 hours knowing that I'm a mess.

What is wrong with me? We have been doing this for 12 months and its only now that I'm turning into an emotional wreck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 5 days overdue on DS1, i have 13 mth old DD and DH has been told he has to go to Europe for work in 2 weeks time for 2 weeks....

We have no family here, no support!

Not really sure how u will cope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone  just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully join your thread!

DH has just started FIFO in Moranba- 20 on and 8 off. He's been gone for a week (he did a short stint before that) and tbh it hasn't been too bad so far. He used to do a lot of nightshifts so I'm pretty used to not having him around! We have a 5 month old dd and I do feel bad that they are missing out on each other but I'm trying to focus on the quality time when he gets back .

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are we all surviving ladies??

I have my mum here to stay for 2 weeks. It's good to spend time with her but I'm so out of routine! My kids are being rat bags cause Nan is here lol. Oh the joys of it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my DH is FIFO 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, which is a pretty good roster! But still hard. He's been doing it for about a year now. I have found it lonely when he is away because he is my best friend but we got into a routine. Now I am ten weeks pg and this first trimester has been so hard when he is away due to bad ms and being so so tired! DH flies home tomorrow I can't wait to see him but I also feel a bit guilty that I haven't been very well so he's been working then coming home to nurse me then working again. Poor DH :-( I really hope to find some support in this thread and some lovely friends :-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi raff, look forward to chatting with you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! So I know now technically I am not a FIFO wife anymore but I wanted to check in! Dh got a job close to home and this was his first week. I'm finding it so hard to adapt now! He's working 12-14 hour days, 5 days a week and a half day on Saturday.... So now I feel silly cos I was all for him coming home so we would see him more.... Maybe it will just take some getting used to! I think I'm just worried that because he doesn't have the 'week off' it will be too much! Perhaps the grass is not always greener!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It must be hard to adjust back! How long was your DH working away for? It was hard for me to get used to having my best friend away from home. But now I think if he were to work back home then he wouldn't get his weeks at home with us!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub