+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My dog went nuts last night an since hubby isn't here I freaked out and put miss 5 ad the dog in my room and then pushed bed up against te door. I know I am a wimp and need to toughen up especially since as of Sunday he will be give for longer stints (his last week at current job and has been away 3 nights this week) does anyone else freak at sounds like me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lettabean View Post
    My dog went nuts last night an since hubby isn't here I freaked out and put miss 5 ad the dog in my room and then pushed bed up against te door. I know I am a wimp and need to toughen up especially since as of Sunday he will be give for longer stints (his last week at current job and has been away 3 nights this week) does anyone else freak at sounds like me?
    Yeah Lettabean I am hopeless. It does get easier though. I can ignore sounds now which is good. I have Dh's baseball bat under the bed. We have two dogs and there have been times when I have brought them in to do an inspection. It is so funny the next day but at the time you think its life or death

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohooooo! Dh just rang and he's coming home TONIGHT!!! They want him to go on a different swing so offered him to work for the next 2 weeks or come home tonight and start next week!! I'm so glad he chose to come home! After the tantrum last night I was really dreading another night alone!
    I am the biggest scaredy cat staying home alone! I sleep with a light on in the hallway! It's so true though- in tr light of day it all seems so silly!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hands up to being a scaredy cat.. I have to shower when the sun is out coz I can't do it at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a scardey cat too! I check under the beds and walk in robes before I go to bed
    We have a Rottwieler though, and he does make me feel safer, he has the run of the front and back so I doubt anyone would try anything, but it still plays on my mind.

I try and make it seem like DH is home by leaving his shoes at the door, or a hi vis jacket slumped on the front bench, if I order me and the kids a pizza I yell out to "DH" "get our the shower babe, pizzas here" so the pizza man dosnt think I'm alone
    Last edited by MummyHas3boys; 12-08-2011 at 16:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyHas3boys View Post
    I'm a scardey cat too! I check under the beds and walk in robes before I go to bed
    I DO THIS. I can't sleep until I have inspected every room! DH has his car out the front which makes it seem like he's home along with his shoes at the door.
    I fall asleep to the tv because I can't just 'sleep'.. Bedtime will usually be around midnight when I pass out & I'll wake up constantly. When DH is home I'll start snoring as soon as my head hits the pillow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe we are all very silly! Dh always asks me why I think something will happen just cos he's not there! His car is out the front too... I got a massive fright one night cos a guy knocked on my door around 8pm but he said he had the wrong house! It really got to me and I went and stayed at my mums for the night! I check every room and window and door lock before I go to sleep! And by sleep I mean.... Laying in bed with one eye open and passing out from exhaustion! Don't you wish there were places for FIFO wives to have security when hubby's are away! Like a 'hire a hubby' hehehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have all my friends Hubbies come and check on us, mow lawns etc.... Its great! I call them my stunt hubbies! (one in particular is really great eyecandy!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby has no eye candy friends.. & thankfully none of them offer to do any of that. They would if asked though. I get my brother to help me with things if I need something manly done.

Honestly I know the chances of something happening is slim but, better to be safe than sorry. DH couldn't care less when he goes to bed about doors or windows. I'll ask.. "did you lock the doors" he'll answer "yes wife" but I'll have to check them myself and 90% of the time they are not locked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so hubby has now left and arrived in mt ISA. At this stage for up to 5 weeks! This will be the longest time we have ever spent apart!