+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow, week on and week off will be amazing! I bet you are so excited! It will be like a holiday having him home.

I agree with the 'its your choice' comment. With all 'choices' there are sacrifices and every one else gets to vent about their lives. Why can't you? We also get the 'I couldn't do that to my family' speech... sometimes I feel like saying 'im not asking you to!' Lol.

Enjoy your time together!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    My dh flew out tonight for his new week on week off job! Yay! The longest we've done is 3weeks on 3 days off which was horrible for us but great for the money! We came to the conclusion that our family time was much more important and he's cut back to one on one off which will be a dream! Less money but more time at home which for us is way more important! I take my hat off to the ladies coping with so much on their own. It's great to have a place to come and vent when we need it. I tend to get the 'it's your choice' thing when I try vent about dh not being around which is really frustrating!
    It's hard talking to people who don't undersand FIFO work. There is no other way for us to live the lifestyle we do if DH didn't work away. We've both decided that this work is for us. Some family & friends just don't get it & then continue to tell me I'm living the dream because I can 'apparently' stay in my PJ's all day, not have to go to work & have the money come to me.. *raises fist and curses*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie087 View Post

So I have a question for all you ladies with FIFO partners in Perth... can anyone get my partner a job!!! He is in military ATM, but wants out so he can spend more time with the kids. TIA
    Hey Cookie,

My DP works for BHP in WA and works 9/5. I'm sure being military he would have plenty of skills and I know BHP are looking for people at the moment. Have a look on their website.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie087 View Post
    So I've been avoiding this for a while, as I'm still trying to ignore the fact dp works away. We did Jan-June away, 6weeks back, and now he has been away for another 3 weeks and won't be home until... Probably Christmas.

So I have a question for all you ladies with FIFO partners in Perth... can anyone get my partner a job!!! He is in military ATM, but wants out so he can spend more time with the kids. TIA
    Hi cookie!
    My hubby does 1 week on 1 week off in boddington. Its DIDO I know his company is always short staffed, they just got taken over by caterpillar so maybe check them out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls!!
    I havnt posted in here for a while now, BH deleted all of my participated threads, and I forgot about this one.
    Well my DH just left tonight, for the week I hate the first day/night he is gone, it's the worst!!
    I've been feeling really burnt out lately so he is taking holidays soon for me he has 2 shifts left then he will be home for 3 whole weeks!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well his contract and flights have arrived so he is definitely flying out on Sunday. His first stint because of training will be between 3 and 5 weeks so at this stage I am unsure when he is coming home. Am enrolling miss 5 in swimming lessons and karate lessons to get more of a routine going

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness!! This is only night 2 and DD (9months) just had the biggest tantrum I've ever seen! It started at 5 when I was getting her dinner ready.... She wouldn't let me put her down and was just all round cranky! I tried to give her dinner and she threw mash at me then started hitting at me! I was in shock! She didn't want to be held or put down or anything! She went on like this and screamed for a good hour!!! Not even the boob would console her! So I sat on the floor and let her go .... Eventually she snapped out of it but It was so frustrating not to have anyone to hand her to for a break! Dh just rang and I burst into tears- it sux! How does everyone else cope when you feel like you're not coping!!!?? Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lettabean View Post
    We are still waiting on knowing about Christmas. He is starting in the mines this Sunday so no idea yet if he will be here for Christmas yet. Plus we wanted to fly to nz so I may go and then he meets me and miss 5 when he is on his time off.
    oh its horrible not knowing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness!! This is only night 2 and DD (9months) just had the biggest tantrum I've ever seen! It started at 5 when I was getting her dinner ready.... She wouldn't let me put her down and was just all round cranky! I tried to give her dinner and she threw mash at me then started hitting at me! I was in shock! She didn't want to be held or put down or anything! She went on like this and screamed for a good hour!!! Not even the boob would console her! So I sat on the floor and let her go .... Eventually she snapped out of it but It was so frustrating not to have anyone to hand her to for a break! Dh just rang and I burst into tears- it sux! How does everyone else cope when you feel like you're not coping!!!?? Hehe
    Hugs... I hope your feeling ok now that you've had a cry.

I wasn't coping last night. My 13 mo was crying and sick in my bed for the 3rd night in a row. So for the last 3 nights I have changed our pjs and the sheets at least twice during the night. I ended up joining him with the crying which made him stop.

We went back to bed this morn at 9am till 11am. I then let the housework wait a day and sat on my bum. Dh comes home tomorrow night so I have a big day of catching up before he gets home.
    Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no!! that must have been so stressful for you. did she have a sleep today? was she overtired?? or just one of those moments.

i find that my ds plays up so much more for me than for fob its so frustrating!!