+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Azurial glad your hubby is home soon, the longest stint DF has done is 3 weeks and it was really hard mind you he spent only 3 days home all of Dec last year but that was spread out, home one day- gone the next and the like. I hope your DH keeps safe

I hear you on the routine wrecking! I think I follow him around too much when he is home, we don't do much housework, just the minimum stuff. So cute to hear about your little one, I haven't asked DF about skype yet, we have used it in the past when he was on different sites though.

AH no I'm not offended at all, I'd join you but I can't be bothered trying to get my opinion across what a PITA re your hubbys pay my DF forgot to put in his last time sheet with a temp agency so his pay is running late too!

Does anyones partner do shut-downs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi all. I'm in this section too i suppose. DP works 1on 1off in the NT, we live in Qld. He came home last Tuesday after a shutdown of three weeks with one home day. He goes back early Tuesday morning and i can tell you im looking forward to it, such a crappy week i have had, he is getting on my nerves. We built our fence this week so at least we did something constructive. We have a little boy who is 2, we were trying (unsuccessfully) for #2 until i got diagnosed with arthritis, so once thats under control we are back on the wagon. We are lucky that my cycles have lined up with his schedule so we were in for a chance, before this happened that is.

I am a pretty solitary person so the week alone isn't too bad on me, its just when big things happen where i know i need his help, like the massive dog fight the other day that left the neighbours dog fighting for his life (literally) and a $600 vet bill for him. Our dogs weren't to blame but still very scary to not be able to do anything, i had DS with me too, i ended up firing the gun at them to make them stop, DP would have been beneficial and the power has been going out lately, i still haven't learnt how to use the generator, my bad.

Anyway this is a novel so i better stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all... my partner is a linesman and works all ova ausie! ussually 4 weeks on 1 week off! but sometimes longer! 4 the last 3 months ive been travelling with him along with my 3yr old and 4yr old. has been fun but rather stressful! calling it quits(on the travel) next week when we move in2 our new home in melbourne, where i know absolutly no 1! have 2 settle there as this is where his work is based and where he works when they have run out of away work.. im so happy that he will be working at home 4 atleast a month b4 he goes agen!! im kinda freakin out though! ne 1 been in this situatuion?? how do u deal with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Great idea to start up a chat thread

Im Jess, My DP works FIFO 2weeks on 1 week home,we live in perth but are from sydney where DP was in the Army and would sometimes go away for months at a time.
    When we first moved to perth back in 2007 he was doing 4weeks on 1 week home which was really tough as i was pregnant with our first and away from family and didnt know a single person here! so am loving the 2weeks as it actually seems to fly by quite quickly and its nice to have that break to

DD is 2 on the 24th of this month! and im due with our second in late October

Looking forward to getting to know you all

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Bugger just typed a long post the accidently closed the window

Basically it said welcome to everyone and that we are applying for closed residential accomodation

Sorry can't sit and re-type now have to organize dinner and tend to little ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello!
    I am an ex-regular-hubber who now drops in occasionally but rarely posts lol!

I couldn't resist this thread tho, its so good to chat to people who know what its like.

My DH is a metallurgist, he is away 8 days and home for 6. its a good roster and we love the family time when he's here but GEEZ its hard sometimes when he's away.

We have two boys, 3 and 1, they are 20 months apart...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi LL I had to look up metallurgist

Well were day 2 of DF away, things are going cruzie, bought a car on Wednesday and things are looking great for the residential accommodation, apparently there is a slight delay because they are refurbishing the houses before they allow people to move in..can't be a bad thing right?

So excited about this move, it is exactly what we need

How is everyone doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep forgetting to check this thread!! Sorry!

How is everyone going?

Well my DH resigned on Friday and he is actually looking at going to the mines now. At the moment he is is the medical field and is really wanting something totally different after putting up with a lot of crap for so long.

Generally he has been away Mon-Fri week in week out and when he is home during the week he is working...so if he does go to the mines at least we know we can deal with him being away...but when he is home...wow he would be HOME!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds exciting Starzy! I forget to check too but have just changed my settings so I get an email when someone posts in this thread

Both of my boys have chesty coughs, DS1 seems to have the ever reoccurring winter croup at least as he gets older it is easier to manage and I have learnt to just leave the heater on all night (I ignore the winter electricity bill, can't put a price on sleep!).

Hubby has said we will get to go up for a weekend visit mid August to see if we like it there not too worried about flying alone with both boys, it's only a 1.5-2hr flight.

Yoohoo ...how you all doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have been allocated a house hubby just got an email moving in date will be in August visit will be 'soon'.