+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby is away working for his last week in his current job then off to the mines on Sunday we think. His first stint may be longer than two weeks but won't know till he is there. Scary!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    im grumpy with my bf

he just did 4 months in asia, had 10 days rocl back home, now he has gone back to asia for 2 more months. i can deal with that trip, thats not the issue, but now he tells me that he is going to go back to asia 20 dec to 31 jan to do relief work so that others can go on rocl.
    wtf about our xmas? am i being really selfish, wanting him back home for myself?? iv told him how i feel and he says the only reason he id going to do the trip in december is for the money, so we can have a nice holiday in february.

i think i would rather have him home for xmas. am i being an idiot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    To me that would depend on what the February holiday is and how long and is there a possibility of you going to see him for Christmas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ghostdancer: it is horrible spending Xmas apart. We have had every one of our birthdays apart this year including our ds's 1st birthday. I didn't know how I was going to deal with that and come through it without falling apart. Such a special day and they miss it for the sake of money.

We decided that it is just a date on a calendar. We celebrated every occasion while he was home. We had cake and presents even a little party. Surely you guys could have your Xmas on the 19th of December. It's less than a week difference. Invite the family around n have a proper Xmas dinner and presents. Buy each other an extra gift to open on the 25th.

That way you do get your Xmas and the big holiday. Hugs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you letta and jade

feb holiday will be about 3 weeks in hawaii or thailand, which would be brilliant, but for the 6 weeks he will be posted to a war torn country, so no visitors allowed, so its going to be pretty lonely for him

oh i love the idea of having xmas on the 19th this year, i hadnt thought of that! iv been so wrapped up in feeling rejected that i hadnt started looking at other ways around it.

oh its so tough on the men though , they miss out on so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with having an early Christmas. That is a great idea.

I hope the holiday is an amazing one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are still waiting on knowing about Christmas. He is starting in the mines this Sunday so no idea yet if he will be here for Christmas yet. Plus we wanted to fly to nz so I may go and then he meets me and miss 5 when he is on his time off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are very lucky that Dh isn't working Xmas. It's very exciting. We are flying to nsw to spend 2 weeks with family. After 12 months of him missing all of the special days we are actually going to win one. Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh flew out tonight for his new week on week off job! Yay! The longest we've done is 3weeks on 3 days off which was horrible for us but great for the money! We came to the conclusion that our family time was much more important and he's cut back to one on one off which will be a dream! Less money but more time at home which for us is way more important! I take my hat off to the ladies coping with so much on their own. It's great to have a place to come and vent when we need it. I tend to get the 'it's your choice' thing when I try vent about dh not being around which is really frustrating!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jadee22 View Post
    We are very lucky that Dh isn't working Xmas. It's very exciting. We are flying to nsw to spend 2 weeks with family. After 12 months of him missing all of the special days we are actually going to win one. Yay!

That's awesome. It's great when they can be home for at least 1 special occasion.