+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hey girls havnt posted in awhile but I managed (just) to get through 15weeks of hubby working away. He has been home for about 6weeks and just left to go back to work. My DS1 was not impressed and said 'Oh not that work again!'. We are hoping that Dh shifts will now be 6weeks on/off which will be much more doable.

As for the intimacy after the first couple of days we found it really difficult to get into any routine after so much time apart. I also find it a huge turn off having to schedule it in and having 3kids makes things interesting. We are finding our intimate moments are different now and not have to be all about sex.

We are also thinking about TTC #4 which as you ladies know can be a little difficult as hubbys never seem to be home at the same time.

Must go and entertain the kids but will read through the posts when I have some time later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Woohoo!! Dh accepted a new job 7 days on 7 days off and he starts in a month!! I know I have it easy compared to the rest of you ladies (he's currently on a 2-1)but I am just SO sick of being on my own!!!! Yay yay yay yay!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    Woohoo!! Dh accepted a new job 7 days on 7 days off and he starts in a month!! I know I have it easy compared to the rest of you ladies (he's currently on a 2-1)but I am just SO sick of being on my own!!!! Yay yay yay yay!!!
    Awesome!! My hubby does the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your great advice. I'm just hoping that the intimacy thing is going to be like christmas, it makes it special when you have to wait for it. I've got to stop falling asleep when DH gets home though. I think it's because u relax when he's around.

We did something so great this weekend ds had his first swimming lesson. He's five months and it was so cool. DH took him and I had spent all week persuading him that this was worth coming home for and that it would be something special that the two can do together. And it was, they both loved it! Dad has gone back to work last night and is back on Wednesday hopefully.

I also got ds a fisher price pretend iPhone so he can call dad when I'm on the phone with him, he's started to want to play with the phone when I'm on it, so I'm hoping this will distract him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys,

I havn't written in a while...I've been really busy getting used to my new way of life. Of course I know I have it a lot easier than most of you. My hubby is 5days on 5 off. So no long long separations for me but in saying that his last Tour I had to buy a car and was so nervous about doing it all by myself. I was so proud when I did and was excited to show off my purchase to hubby when he came home.

I'd only had the car for a week and hubby was driving it when we were sideswiped merging onto a highway. So now that hubby has once again returned to work I'm left to deal with insurance companies and repair of the car with 2 little ones in tow. lol I told him if that's what I can expect when he's home not to bother next time...jks...lol He did feel terrible though.

Hope you're all doing well. I am yet to get a good nights sleep while hubbies away...I hear every little bump in the night but I do have an alarm in the house now so if anyone comes in I think the whole neighbourhood will hear about it.

Take care

Anna xoxo

P.S. Luckyme 1: As far as intimacy goes...a few naughty pikkies sent during the time away can make the difference and also promises of what's waiting at home can help too....nothing a good kids movie and a locked bedroom door can't fix

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello annas angels! Good to hear you are doing well!! I don't think I'll ever get used to all the 'bumps' in the night! Dh did say something funny though the other night which made me laugh! I was talking to him and we had possums jumping on the shed and making sooo much noise- I was getting freaked out and he said ' darl, it's not like robbers are going to bang around on the shed!!' ..... so now when I hear a noise I feel much better about it!
    It's my birthday next week and dh will be away ll be 27 so it's not Iike it's a milestone or anything but still it will be sad to not wake up with him! I'm staying over at mums so at least I'm not by myself!
    Other than that I don't really have anything interesting to say! What I would like to know though is where all the dh's and dp's work! I was thinking - wouldn't it be funny if some of our dh's worked in the same places!! I'm assuming most are in the mines FIFO..??? So at the moment my dh is in Coober Pedy in SA but his new job will be in clermont in qld!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all
    DH was a total grump this time home, I have never wanted him to leave again so much!!!

He is at golden grove (WA)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi everyone I'm hoping I can join in the chat here. My DH is about to start a 9 on 5 off job, I am FREAKING OUT about dealing with the kids on my own (oh and of course I'll miss him and all that, but mostly I'm just worried about the kids ). Our eldest is quite a handfull but then I think maybe we will be able to get into a better routine on those 9 days? He starts in a month so I've got that time to get myself used to the idea...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

WannaBamumma: My hubby's 2 hours outside of Mackay in one of the mines. And that's so true about the noises...that helped a lot..of course if someone's breaking in they're not going to want me to know about it.lol Of course the very first night he was away we had a possum in our roof...has never happened before and it scared the .... out of me.lol

Hey Honeydew You sound so much like me. My DH started just over a month ago and I was driving myself crazy with the unknown ( I also had a month to get used to the idea)...honestly it hasn't been as bad as I thought..mind you I only have to wait 5 days at a time..not like some of the lovely ladies on here who's partners are away for weeks/months It is very tiring I find emotionally doing it by yourself. I've had a couple of dramas happening here lately and I just feel really drained but I think that would have happened whether or not DH was here. The kids have been great for me and I find a good support bases of friends and family really helps too...oh and of course this thread too Such good helpful advice from others in a similar situation never goes astray...good luck and keep in touch

Take care everyone and I'll chat again soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Annas angels For This Useful Post:

honeydew  (16-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi honeydew! I think you'll definitely get your kids into a better routine! I find I have dd in a really great one when dh is away and then it all goes out the window when he's home!! It takes a few days after he's gone to get it right again. You will cope just fine! My dh is just changing from a 2:1 to a 1:1 so I'm so so so excited to have him home more! A 9:6 is a good balance! Good luck with everything!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

honeydew  (16-07-2011)