+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVEthree View Post
    I know EXACTLY what that feeling is like. Last time we picked DH up from the airport I told him to turn the car around half way home so he could go back.

It's hard... To be the only parent .. To be the only cook, cleaner, nurse, gardener & teacher. I find it difficult to keep my cool sometimes with DH. Especially when the kids are whiney/tired and he snaps and yells. I DO tell him in a nice way that he needs to try and compromise with them and use different methods are than yelling.
    When I am the one with the kids 24/7, I know how they work, I know what works.
    When I am the one who stacks the dishwasher - EVERYDAY, I know how to fit more than 2 plates and a cup in it.
    When I wash clothes everyday, I know they darks make the white go grey..
    I try and show DH how things work around the house but he just says I am being annoying and he gets grumpy/silent. Then........ the next time something comes up regarding anything I've said and he's a smart ****.. Like saying 'so, is this how you stack the dishes?' just to be a pain.
    My rant could go on, I'll stop!
    sorry to laugh but I am seriously wondering if we are married to the same guy! Really, I could have written that, even the bit about the rant could go on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha.. Perhaps when DH leaves me to 'work' really he is just going home to you? LOL!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LADIES.

I hope you have a beautiful day.. x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iLOVEthree For This Useful Post:

tayahnkai  (08-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Hey all just discoved this thread and thought i would join in , been a fifo mum for a couple of mths now and dh is heading off this week for a permanent job 2on1off. Been having trouble getting the phones to work on site too ,we didn't have much communication at the last site in NT til he got lent a site phone which was pretty good as the calls were free. We tryed skype but his fancy smanshy computer doesn't have a mic lol have to see if harvey norms have a plug in one now. Just hoping now that hes flying out of one of the small charter companys rather than the main airport as the girls love to see him off and I ain't paying for parking. Anyways nice to read about ppl in the same sit and hopefully catch up for some chat.
    Hey Lulu It is very hard without communiction. My hubby gets a taxi to and from the airport. I think its easier on him not to have to say goodbye at the airport. Plus our airport sucks and the kids cant really see the planes from inside anyway. His company pays for the taxi so saves us having to drive!

wannaBamumma - I know exactly how you feel when hubby first comes home. As much as im looking forward to him coming home, Im dreading it too. Ive got myself in a good routine with the 3 kids and he will have forgotten how hard it can be to get everyone organised and not just worry about himself. I am in desperate need of a break but fear the first week will just create extra work

Hope everyone is having a lovely Mothers day. Have to say mine has been pretty crap Up at 2am cos my son wet his bed which then woke bub up. Took a while to get both boys back to sleep then bub was up at 6. My daughter gave me a lovely present she made at school then has done nothing but whinge about everything AND Im premenstrual which is really not good then to make me feel like a really crappy mum bub did a forward somersault off our patio onto the driveway. He is fine, not even a bump on his head! I think I was more upset then he was.

Had a great day yesterday though. Went to Agfest, with sheep dog trials, horse shows, farm machinery and heaps of things for the kids to do. Beautiful sunny day too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh leaves again today and as usual I'm full of mixed emotions! It's been great to have a full week with him and now we've got 2 weeks then he's home for a month so we can visit his parents in England! Just have to get through this next 2 weeks.....
    Does anyone else's family not understand why they do FIFO?? I mean for those who do it by choice.... My family think it's the worst idea ever and they can't seem to understand the positives! It's so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    wannaB - I hope the next 2 weeks go as smoothly as possible & quickly.
    My parents understand the money side if DH's work but nothing else. They think he should always be home for special occasions.. As much as that would be nice, that's not the way the industry works. DH and I are completely ok with FIFO as much as it can completely suck sometimes.

There are people within DH's company who threaten to quit because their wives aren't happy with their going away... They then get thrown a $5000 - $50,000 bonus and they stay till the next time they complain again. I say if you can't handle the requirements of work - FO

Thanks
    Reviews
    oops, the I accidently pressed send on the phone before I was finished. I hate that DH goes away all the time and gets no bonus or thanks in anyway but all these other pathetic people do. I would love for DH to find other job.... Just away from these people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    Dh leaves again today and as usual I'm full of mixed emotions! It's been great to have a full week with him and now we've got 2 weeks then he's home for a month so we can visit his parents in England! Just have to get through this next 2 weeks.....
    Does anyone else's family not understand why they do FIFO?? I mean for those who do it by choice.... My family think it's the worst idea ever and they can't seem to understand the positives! It's so frustrating.

Hope the next 2 weeks go really fast and are super easy. Not just for you either!lol Means my hubby will be home soon

My family dont really understand it, but going to sea is in my hubby's blood. His dad, unlces, pop etc were all fishermen and would go away for months at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post

One side of the family do as fil does FIFO too ,my parents tho think I should live where dh works but that's just some idea they have in their head that those towns need ppl to live there to survive blah blah not the case where dh works now.

AFU- dh seems to like his new job quite a few ppl there he has worked with before ,he's on the beach a lot in his photos of him at work lol The phone reception is still bad but he's in a permanent room so he's gonna get his own booster for the Internet and phone. We have Skype as long as he rings early
    Last edited by lulu 2; 13-05-2011 at 16:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH left early this morning, 3 days early.... Big shutdown on and since he is only a few yrs as a qualified fitter he is grabbing the overtime for more experience......9 sleeps to go this will be the longest we have been apart on our whole 10.5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine left today too, and woke the kids with his shower etc GRRRR 5.20 is not a good wake-up. Will be an early one tonight and I'm letting the kids watch a bit more than their usual hour of tv today lol