+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it to be annoying when I can't contact DH whenever. Usually when he is away he has his mobile but there are times when we can only email or he has to use his pre paid nextg phone. I like to be able to text or call him throughout the day.

I forgot what else I was going to write... Oops!

DH is home at the moment and has been for 2 weeks now I think. I don't think there is any jobs on interstate so I have him until one pops up. I hope he is around for mothers day as he is usually away for all the special days ( I still probably won't get a present ).

We are TTC baby number 3 and the longer it is taking to do the more my brain tells my heart maybe we should just concentrate on the 2 we have.
    If I had copious amounts of money I'd breed continually!

Time to sleep now.. I have a coffee date tomorrow with a childless friend who doesn't get it (FIFO).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dh is in the middle of nowhere ATM and only has phone reception at certain times,... I'm getting so sick of it....
    He's on nights at the moment so I can only talk to him at 6am when he's finished work and half asleep or for 10 mins when he's on his way out! Starting to feel more and more like a single mummy !

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. How was your weekend?

Ours was good, we really didn't do anything. Which I live and hate at the same time!

My coffee date was TERRIBLE. My friend was having a bad day but she never opens up so I didn't ask. She should have cancelled and we could have caught up when she was a little happier.

I can't wait till all of our Easter eggs have been eaten. I have had so many! I've put on over a kilo in a week.. Arghhhhh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all
    Had a pretty good weekend, scitech yesterday then visiting today (mum and stepdad, then dad and stepmum lol). Then home and watched a kids movie. It's so much easier when we get out! Tomorrow we are going to a puppet show at the library then kids going to a kindy mum while I go to dr.

Anyone's partner home for mothers day? Mine is yay! He was away last year which sucked, he often ends up missing things like that. Away last Xmas too so he has already put in leave for this year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheerio - DD started Kindy last yr so we moved before she started. As much as I want to move closer to family I dont want to change her around too much. How are you going on WW? I really need to loose weight. I go to the gym and love to be active but just cant seem to budge any weight I am an emotional eater and eat when Im stressed, tired, bored etc I always wanted 3 kids too! Very lucky that I had DS2 last yr while hubby was at college. Although he may awsell have been away. DD is really good at helping and very indepent. Its hard having to do everything for the boys though and wish DS1 was a little older.

wannaBamumma - feel your pain hun DH is in the middle of the ocean ATM so no phonce reception either. Email is just not the same when you only get a reply the next day

iLOVEthree - sorry your coffee date was crap bet you were really looking forward to it too. Agree with the Easter eggs. Thank god ours are nearly all gone. DS1 does not do chocolate very well!lol

library-laska - Yay for your good weekend. sounds busy which I agree is much easier to deal with. DH is away for Mothers Day. Very used to that now. He is barely home on special days. Last yr was the first time he was home for DD birthday and our Wedding aniversary since she was born. Been pretty lucky with Chirstmas lately but I will not expect anymore anytime soon.

Crappy weather here so didnt go anywhere. Very happy school holidays are over and we can get back into our daily routine. I wasnt interested in the Royal Wedding but found myself watching it. Loved it! Brought back so many memories of my own wedding which then made me miss my DH even more. Been a pretty emotional weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all just discoved this thread and thought i would join in , been a fifo mum for a couple of mths now and dh is heading off this week for a permanent job 2on1off. Been having trouble getting the phones to work on site too ,we didn't have much communication at the last site in NT til he got lent a site phone which was pretty good as the calls were free. We tryed skype but his fancy smanshy computer doesn't have a mic lol have to see if harvey norms have a plug in one now. Just hoping now that hes flying out of one of the small charter companys rather than the main airport as the girls love to see him off and I ain't paying for parking. Anyways nice to read about ppl in the same sit and hopefully catch up for some chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu 2 View Post
    Just hoping now that hes flying out of one of the small charter companys rather than the main airport as the girls love to see him off and I ain't paying for parking. Anyways nice to read about ppl in the same sit and hopefully catch up for some chat.
    My DH goes through one of the small airports. We don't see him off (he leaves home at 5.20am!) but the kids just love going to pick him up coz the plane comes up near the window and they watch him getting off

Two more days til DH home yay! Then he has his normal time off then only 3 days on 3 days off to get onto his new roster!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by library-laksa View Post
    My DH goes through one of the small airports. We don't see him off (he leaves home at 5.20am!) but the kids just love going to pick him up coz the plane comes up near the window and they watch him getting off

Two more days til DH home yay! Then he has his normal time off then only 3 days on 3 days off to get onto his new roster!
    I have been getting my bro to drop dh off lately as his flights have been early and it's on his way , I love when they come in in the arvo and all the kids line up at the windows. Dh has had a few short rosters like that lately as he was filling positions but I think it will be nice to get into a permanent routine. Wow your lucky to have him home for mothers day ,dh is away for that and his bday this shift but oh well its not like he's here for any other holiday lol just our luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm such a horrible wife!! Dh got home thisarvo and he's already doing my head in!!! It's so hard to adapt from he little routine dd and I have when he's not here! I feel so terrible that I feel this way- I should be so happy to have him home! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know EXACTLY what that feeling is like. Last time we picked DH up from the airport I told him to turn the car around half way home so he could go back.

It's hard... To be the only parent .. To be the only cook, cleaner, nurse, gardener & teacher. I find it difficult to keep my cool sometimes with DH. Especially when the kids are whiney/tired and he snaps and yells. I DO tell him in a nice way that he needs to try and compromise with them and use different methods are than yelling.
    When I am the one with the kids 24/7, I know how they work, I know what works.
    When I am the one who stacks the dishwasher - EVERYDAY, I know how to fit more than 2 plates and a cup in it.
    When I wash clothes everyday, I know they darks make the white go grey..
    I try and show DH how things work around the house but he just says I am being annoying and he gets grumpy/silent. Then........ the next time something comes up regarding anything I've said and he's a smart ****.. Like saying 'so, is this how you stack the dishes?' just to be a pain.
    My rant could go on, I'll stop!