+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    I'm at Carramar which is near Joondalup.

I could say the same, DH wage makes it easy for me to be a SAHM but truthfully we spend waaay to much and really need to pull our heads in and start to get ahead. It is so embarrassing how much we haven't saved
    Same here. DH has been on the mines for almost a year now, and we "thought" back then we would have a decent savings behind us after 12 months..... Can't say it's too flash though we have been able to pay a few hundred extra per fortnight off the homeloan so it's something I guess
    The saying " the more you earn, the more you spend" is Soooo true!

DH is looking for residential up in Ktha or Port hedland for us all, more $

Thanks
    Reviews
    We feel like we should have more savings etc too, which is why we saw the financial adviser. We re-financed in 2009 to build an extension and buy bigger car and since then, we have just been paying heaps extra on the mortgage. But the adviser said if we'd invested that money, we'd have a better return on it.
    We aren't big spenders really... but do like holidays!

Cheerio I must admit I am sometimes jealous of DH having all his meals, no night-waking etc! I know he works hard and long days up there but geez, it would be nice some days to clock off, eat food cooked for me and go to bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Cheerio - I know what you mean, when DH is away he calls at dinner time and I am SOOOOO busy with the children, I don't want to hear how bored he is!

Library-laksa - no fighting, he's going on courses so he can get promoted.

He goes tomorrow and I had the whole day planned with shopping, appointments, taking the children swimming.... And then they called him in to work I had to cancel everything. It was also my last chance for a break for 2 months and it's ruined. Thanks a bunch, not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pina Colada – I know what it is like, talking to DH on the phone only having it sound like he is distant. It happens sometimes with us. Work on the brain and being away from one another doesn’t help.
    We should be investing in something.. but we just built a house and are currently landscaping & decorating. I can’t wait until it is all over. Investment idea would be good. I too am a SAHM and his wage covers the loss of mine. We spend way too much money. DH comes home from being away and ‘treats’ every body.. as much as it is nice sometimes, it can’t be done all the time.

Library-laksa – Where & how does one see a financial advisor? I think it is something DH and I need to do.

Cheerio – I like the little subtle rant. I agree, DH gets to sleep 10 hours a night if he likes and gets everything done for him when away. He doesn’t like coming home to his wife saying “help me more” lol!

Cookie – I am trying to get pregnant but with DH being away so often it is hard. How far have you got to go?

Elleandsam - *big hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cheerio - Yeah he dosnt mind DIDO at all, nor do I, if there's an emergency he is just a drive away from home, his roster is great 7 on 7 off, the pay is good,though not as good as up north FIFO. But when you think about it, with his roster +5 weeks annual leave his pay is pretty good for only working less then 5 months a year
    Its working for us at the moment, but he is considering working in town for a few year again, he really wants residential in Ktha but most places want 2 years experience on CAT equipment ( he is a HD fitter ) he can easily get a job at westrac so he's weighing everything up at the moment...... He changes his mind daily though, drives me crazy sometimes!!

What does your hubby do? I know his company is short on HD fitters at the moment
    Last edited by MummyHas3boys; 28-04-2011 at 16:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are we all this arvo? Harper (DS1, 4yo) has a kindy friend over to play so I've been relaxing in between making snacks and repairing the cubby lol! I'm so pleased they are including Jarrah (DS2, 2.5yo)

elleandsam yay for not going to the warzones but BOOOO to your plans being wrecked. Reminds me of last year when I was so excited about a dress-up hens party and a night off from the kids... his work decided to fly him to China that same night!! I must confess to yelling and swearing on the phone (and crying after I slammed it down). I was more upset about him not really caring than the actual change of plans tho.

iLOVEthree my DH only just did his tax and the accountant gave him the details of the finance guy. He was expensive but he won the 2010 financial advisor of the year (all of aust) so we figure he must be ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops! Started the other reply about 2 hours ago

My DH takes a while to get back into the swing of family life again too, its frustrating coz I will be HANGING for some help and he can be pretty hopeless the first day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
    Library Laksa I was going to ask about the financial advisor also? We are in Perth SOR and have been talking about doing it for ages but no idea where to start.
    His name is Steve Salvia at Southern Financial Strategies (or maybe its Solutions?) in Riverton.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by library-laksa View Post
    How are we all this arvo? Harper (DS1, 4yo) has a kindy friend over to play so I've been relaxing in between making snacks and repairing the cubby lol! I'm so pleased they are including Jarrah (DS2, 2.5yo)

elleandsam yay for not going to the warzones but BOOOO to your plans being wrecked. Reminds me of last year when I was so excited about a dress-up hens party and a night off from the kids... his work decided to fly him to China that same night!! I must confess to yelling and swearing on the phone (and crying after I slammed it down). I was more upset about him not really caring than the actual change of plans tho.

iLOVEthree my DH only just did his tax and the accountant gave him the details of the finance guy. He was expensive but he won the 2010 financial advisor of the year (all of aust) so we figure he must be ok!
    Me- I'm soooo bored today! The big boys are happily playing together, the baby is having a sleepy day, and I am bored brainless! but on the other hand, can't be bothered doing anything to cure the boredom
    DH is home in a few hours!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rang DH this morning and as usual he was vague So I didn't say much really, and when we hung up I noticed that we spoke for 1.38 minutes. I text him at 9am just "I love you" and he said he was just about to text the same to me, and apologised for being vague this morning, and told me I am everything to him. Then he rang about midday and we had a nice chat for 10 minutes Poor boy is just so stressed and busy, but nice that he thought of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive read all the posts and have now forgotten who asked what!lol

We have spent most of our extra money on moving interstate 3 times, new car and house. We spend our money on things and holidays Its nice to live comfortably We would like to invest in some rental properties.

DH is usually really tired when he first gets home and find it difficult handling how demanding the kids are. I too am hanging out for some help or even a nap. I would love to go away to work where I get all my meals prepared for me and all I have to do is work and sleep.

We hardly get a chance to talk to Dh as they only have phone when in port in WA. We mainly use email or can skype when their network is working and again only really works when they are in port.

We have been on a playdate all day! Happy my DD is making some friends at school so I can meet some people (we have moved interstate and have no familly or friends around). Last day of holidays here. DD is back at school next week so hopefully we can go back to our usualy daily routines and the weeks fly by. 5 weeks left and counting