+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Parents with Partners Working Away Chat Thread #1

Come chat with me

Pleeease

I have visited this section a few times and there are dozens of threads for people wanting to chat but none seem to get off the ground maybe if we just have one main one (sticky please mods?) we can all chat together regardless of where our partners work

So my partner FIFO from Perth up to Agnew GM doing 8 days on 6 days off then 7 days on 7 days off we have 2 boys who are 14mths apart and we are TTC#3 at the moment. I'm finding this time away DS1 is a bit sad, no idea why this time and not the others though? DS2 had a sad day the first day and has been fine since.

I'm coping well, have restored order to the house until the next R&R hubby does

So how are you doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I live in Townsville and my hubby is usually away Monday to Friday...usually because sometimes we dont know till the last minute that he has to go away which is very frustrating!

My DS is 5.5 months and its been like this pretty much from when he was born...I struggle sometimes because we have no family here...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is frustrating DF spent a few months doing contract work

Bubhub is great for support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My DH is working away atm (he is defence). It is the first time he has been away since DD2 was born 6 weeks ago - so i'm just getting used to looking after 2 on my own.
    DD1 was saying 'miss daddy' alot today and that was hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi MM is he away long?

It's sad when they ask for them, are you able to contact him at all? Sometimes DF will call through the day so the boys can chat too him, which is nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just a really short trip this time - 2 weeks.
    DH had called earlier in the day and spoke to DD (which is why she was missing him).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Naw poor thing

How is everyone doing?

Were waiting for the day to warm up then we will be heading out into the garden to do some weeding boys didn't sleep well last night so I am enjoying a coffee

Thanks
    Reviews
    awww that would break my heart hearing them say they miss their Daddy!
    Dh came home friday night and flights and accom are booked for the week ahead already...grrr...just waiting for his boss to approve it all and he will be on the 6am flight tomorrow morning.

We're lucky in that we talk most mornings and nights and I sms and email pics of ds aswell.

Some nights are a real struggle when sleep isn;t happening so I can't imagine having 2 just yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    bugger Starzy, does he work away often?

We are lucky hubby ended up on a site where he has phone and internet! He has been sent to so many sites and all he has access too is a payphone Do you use online video chat?

Yeah the sleeping can be hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all, YAY DH home on wed morning!! when did he leave...... i dont recall maybe 3 weeks ago after only 1.5 weeks home!!! Stupid new company. Hes an Assistant Driler on a drillship that is heading from the shipyard in Korea to Angola, he got on in Singapore and gets off tomorrow in Mauritis. But this company aren't so great on the safety so I hope he can find other work so he doesnt have to go back there.

Of course I'm looking forward to him coming home, but man does he wreck my routine!!! Its not to bad on ds sofar, but even though he's only 4 months he pricks his little ears up when his daddy's on skype and tries to launch himself into my laptop!! So cute. Oh well I hope your all well and if I've offended any of you in any of my other posts..... ah... sorry i guess but I'm as subtle as a brick and joking most of the time.