+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey there Mom2oneDS,

I checked with my OB at my appointment last week and he said that it’s perfectly fine that we aren’t eating as healthy as we should be. He said the yolk sac is where the baby gets all its nutrients from for majority of the first trimester anyway. He did mention that if i am eating really crappy food to try and make sure i keep up with my antenatal vitamins to ensure i am getting the basic levels of nutrients though. I am so relieved as i don’t feel like eating anything at all, the only reason i eat is to try and curb my nausea.

I gave the grapes a shot and they were pretty good, i have also been eating green apples which help a lot as they are bitter, i must admit though that i put salt on them and they taste AMAZING.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks EternalOptimist for asking your OB and sharing! Really appreciate that. I will finally see OB next Tues and can ask him lots of other questions too.

My appetite has improved in terms of the variety of food I eat now, though the portions are still smaller.

Green grapes bitter? Hmm they taste sourish sweet to me. Oh adding salt sounds yummy, I may try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I am new to this thread and just got pregnant via IVF. My beta was 149 on Monday and 237 on Wednesday. I am freaking out that it hasn't doubled in 48 hours. How concerned should I be???

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maryz- I don't think you should be concerned: the Hcg should theoretically double every 2-3 days (so 48-72 hours). Your numbers look fine My numbers were really slow at the start (doubling time was 85 hours) but my doctor wasn't worried as long as they were rising (and I also had last onset OHSS which apparently can mess with the Hcg levels).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vesper: Thanks for calming me down abit I needed the reassurance. How far along are you? Do you remember what your numbers were? I saw my FS today and he's also not concerned yet and says we'll know more Monday when I have the third HCG test. So it's an anxious wait till Mon.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mary: You're testing my memory!! 100 at 14DPO, 250 about 4 days later and then about 800 a week after that, then up over 4000 a week after that (last blood test). Everything I read on the internet said that they should be rising faster then that, but my FS told me to ignore that rule and he was happy as long as they were rising. I'm now 37 weeks
    I hope your results on Monday reassure you I'd love to say that the stress levels drop after the first couple of weeks, but I've been a bit of a stresser through my whole pregnancy. I think infertility and IVF does that to you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vesper: thank you, it's reassuring to know that slower rising HCG can still be ok. I'm praying all will be fine on Monday. All the very best to you in your final weeks of pregnancy, how exciting!!! Is this your first baby??

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just curious when does the nausea really hit? I am 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow and so far just real mild waves of nausea here and there. I'm wondering if everything is ok and whether I should be feeling more.

Mary

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

A little update from me. All going well so far, I'm 5wks 5 days pregnant tomorrow. My last HCG was 1255 which was perfect. Next bloodwork to check levels is on the 11 April and my scan will be in the 7th week on the 16 April. We're praying to hear that previous little heartbeat (or two) at the scan. Counting down 11 days till my scan. It seems to always be a never ending wait for something. I'm still super bloated, find it hard to eat much so eat little bits at a time. I look 4 mths pregnant because of the bloating and was told it will continue for the first trimester due to the hormones. I'm still getting very sore cramps every day but my FS said its normal but it still worries me. The boobs are sore and I get waves of nausea throughout the day but it's not too bad at the moment. Best wishes to all for a happy and safe Easter !

Mary