Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont think 'competently' should be the right thing to put there, isn't it kind of saying that men don't really know how to clean/look after kids/cook etc.?
    My DP is awesome when it comes to all those things, especially cooking! I can cook (absolutely no doubt about that) but DP is amazing in the kitchen that i hardly ever make dinner. I have my dishes that i do, but he does a bulk of the cooking. Except for desserts, i do those and he does mains, it evens itself out
    And the house work is distributed evenly. If i've been working most of the week (DP is taking time off work currently, due to injury) then he'll do alot of the housework, cos these days im drained with pregnancy tiredness and morning sickness. But if we're both home we'll do things together.
    DP is definitely not one of these guys that doesn't know what a vaccuum cleaner looks like, hence why im with him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, his opinion is his job is his work, my job is our DD and OUR job is house work!! Even though I try and get all the house work done while he is at work!! But he always comes home and helps me with DD and what ever else I may need... I LOVE my AWESOME man!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he does.

Honestly I am the slack one in the relationship. I am happy to do the washing, but I hate doing dishes.

I don't have to ask him to do anything, he will do it. Its usually him asking me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ZooKeeper View Post
    I hung around with an abusive, lazy, mean-spirited hate-filled (insert expletive here) husband for a decade. I left on Tuesday.

he did so much less than his fair share of everything, and was dangerous for DD to be around without supervision, and even then he would still get abusive to her.

I'd rather have a dozen cats than a husband right now

Why did I stay? because I meant the vows when I said them, and now recognise I can truly say I gave it my best shot - and then shot through - taking our most valuable asset - BEAR!
    I know how you feel Zookeeper I previously had the most abusive and selfish partner who I left well over a year ago after a very long time (Why it took me so long I still dont know) BUT the relationship I have now with my present partner is... sorry all heavenly. He is helpful with cooking and cleaning without being asked. He does absolutely everything when Im suffering from M/S and I love him more each time. I got to say I think after my previous relationship I am probably more grateful and thankful for my DP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd say he does maybe 15% of the housework and 15% of the baby care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am reading over these post with my jaw on the floor... I cant believe how much help the guys give. I didnt think anything of it until I read this thread. It has actually made me resent him...

I spoke to him about it, and it has not changed a thing. He said he would help more, but hasnt at all and if I say can you do this, he is always doing something first... auuughh.

My husbands hours at work are greatly reduced and I am still doing it all...

I just dont know where to go with it from here... I saw someone say they trained their husband... HOW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessBeauty View Post
    I'd say he does maybe 15% of the housework and 15% of the baby care.
    Finally... this is closer to my family.

Are you happy with this amount of help?

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes - but he thinks he's a total hero for doing so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he does

He moved straight out of his mums house and in with me (i'd been living out of home off and on since 16 so had a bit more "house" experience).

His mum did everything for him but when he moved in with me I flat out refused. He learnt quickly and it stuck

It is "our" house, "our" mess and just like equal parenting, I believe in equal housework! We both work so why should one do more housework then the other??

Equality all the way is the only way to go in our household

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, but not as much as he should particularly since I am studying and working full time. I would like if I didn't have to prompt him to do things, it makes me feel like his mother and a nag.