Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Me too. A friend of mine gets up at the crack of dawn to pack her lunch AND her husband's lunch. The favour is never returned. She says it's her being a good wife They both work the same hours.

It's SO hard to change people's mindsets.

Good on your DH for setting his friends straight. I can never imagine asking someone why their spouse isn't doing their ironing

I swear, some people want someone else to wipe their bums because they "work so hard"
    Maybe she likes to do this for her partner or wants to make sure he is eating a proper meal and not wasting money on take out

When DP worked close to home before doing FIFO i would pack his lunch most days,not because i saw my self as the "good wife" but because it was something *I* wanted to do,and besides i was making mine anyhow as back then pre kids i worked to so it was really no biggy no make his aswell

But i do agree it shouldnt be expected and he should do nice things for his partner in return too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think it's just odd.. sorry. She says it's "being a good wife" and so he can have a sleep in. When does she get hers? He's never really nice to her. The most romantic I've seen him act towards her was when he held her... then picked her up and threw her in the pool with him lol.

Why is it being a "good wife" for goodness sake, anyone can make a sandwich.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yea it does need to work both ways, she should be intitled to a sleep in aswell and shouldnt just be the one running around trying to please him all the time,it has to work both ways,give and take

You never know they may have personal intitmate moments you dont see where he is very romantic towards her

I dunno maybe im nieve in thinking nobody would hang around if it was all one way,one sided, yanno

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Some do unfortunately, my bestie's husband is a serial bum, doesn't work, doesn't do housework or look after their DD because it's "beneath him" etc.. she worships the ground he walks on

I'm sure this guy does have nice moments, but I require more than being treated like crap in public and then receiving rare niceness in private.

I just don't think housework or sandwich-making has anything to do with being a "good wife". If that were the case I'll be the worst wife ever and my DP will be a great wife!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    He does more than his fair share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Some do unfortunately, my bestie's husband is a serial bum, doesn't work, doesn't do housework or look after their DD because it's "beneath him" etc.. she worships the ground he walks on

I'm sure this guy does have nice moments, but I require more than being treated like crap in public and then receiving rare niceness in private.

I just don't think housework or sandwich-making has anything to do with being a "good wife". If that were the case I'll be the worst wife ever and my DP will be a great wife!!!
    Wow your besties situation doesnt sound happy or healthy at all very sad
    beneath him to do things for/with his children

I agree i dont think it has anything to do with wether or not you are a good wife or not but i do think you should do nice thinsg for one another and it has to be both ways

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH often does more than his share of the housework as I am usually up 2-3times a night to the babies (although when he doesn't have to work the next day he gets up sometimes too).

We are a partnership here, and it amazes me that there are still husbands (and wives) out there who think it the little womans job to look after him, the house and the kids. A friends DH is like that - doesn't change nappies either! On his 'days off' she used to have to wait for the baby to go to sleep before she did the groceries and take the toddler with her. He was too busy tinkering in the shed to spend an hour with the kids so she could get the groceries done faster/easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Mimi View Post
    yea it does need to work both ways, she should be intitled to a sleep in aswell and shouldnt just be the one running around trying to please him all the time,it has to work both ways,give and take

You never know they may have personal intitmate moments you dont see where he is very romantic towards her

I dunno maybe im nieve in thinking nobody would hang around if it was all one way,one sided, yanno
    I hung around with an abusive, lazy, mean-spirited hate-filled (insert expletive here) husband for a decade. I left on Tuesday.

he did so much less than his fair share of everything, and was dangerous for DD to be around without supervision, and even then he would still get abusive to her.

I'd rather have a dozen cats than a husband right now

Why did I stay? because I meant the vows when I said them, and now recognise I can truly say I gave it my best shot - and then shot through - taking our most valuable asset - BEAR!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes he does. He understands that this is the part of agreement we have prior to having children. He does:

Night feeding and changing for DD, baths, feeds DS before he goes to work, does the weekly grocery shopping, puts them away, cooks on the weekend, washes dishes each night, washes one load of clothing every second day, hangs them, brings them back in. As soon as he goes home from work, he takes over the kids from me, and on the weekend the kids are his entirely.

He wasnt always this helpful the first years we're together, but I trained him for 3 years. Now he's been doing all that for the last 5 years. He knows I hate lazy man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If I ask DF he will do it without complaining. But if I don't ask he won't just do it.

When it comes to DD I never have to ask he just does!!

He cooks dinner nearly every night though without being asked.