Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH mentioned at work that he had a pile of clothes to iron and he said they looked at him blankly and said "Aren't you married?". My lovely husband said he married an independant woman who has far more to give the world than doing his ironing Im still shocked that people think wife=maid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahandprincess View Post
    He is very hard to argue with as he says that he is tired from work, work is his job and the house and child raising is mine. The problem is, my job never seems to end....

I do feel bad asking for him to do chores when he has been at work all day. But at the same time, I never seem to be able to get ontop of everything...

hmm... how do I fix it without fighting?

What OMG are we in the 1950's you have been at work all days also, very self centered.

Would love to see what would happen if the roles where changed.

He needs a HUGE wake up call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    Im still shocked that people think wife=maid.
    Me too. A friend of mine gets up at the crack of dawn to pack her lunch AND her husband's lunch. The favour is never returned. She says it's her being a good wife They both work the same hours.

It's SO hard to change people's mindsets.

Good on your DH for setting his friends straight. I can never imagine asking someone why their spouse isn't doing their ironing

I swear, some people want someone else to wipe their bums because they "work so hard"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have to remind, nag, remind constantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Me too. A friend of mine gets up at the crack of dawn to pack her lunch AND her husband's lunch. The favour is never returned. She says it's her being a good wife They both work the same hours.

It's SO hard to change people's mindsets.

Good on your DH for setting his friends straight. I can never imagine asking someone why their spouse isn't doing their ironing

I swear, some people want someone else to wipe their bums because they "work so hard"
    it's madness!

Poor DH they tell him either he's under the thumb big time or I must be really good in bed Andrew has never been brought up in a house where his father disrespected women so it's very odd for him to hear it. He's proud of who I am and hates hearing people say I should be barefoot, pregnant and folding laundry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Option #2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    it's madness!

Poor DH they tell him either he's under the thumb big time or I must be really good in bed Andrew has never been brought up in a house where his father disrespected women so it's very odd for him to hear it. He's proud of who I am and hates hearing people say I should be barefoot, pregnant and folding laundry.
    If that's the case, the majority of women in this world must be really under the thumb

Sounds like he has a great Dad. I'm lucky to also come from a family (including Dad's parents) where housework and cooking isn't a gender issue but something that everyone contributes to the household.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    currently I'm expressing for 8hours a day, (not to mention feeds, changing,bathing, cooking cleaning) so if DH were to say that he's not helping since he worked all day (not that he does) I'd be livid

Thanks
    Reviews
    it's madness!

Poor DH they tell him either he's under the thumb big time or I must be really good in bed
    Ugh DH gets those comments all of the time, it's digusting! Seriously, it's 2010 people!

He's in the army and when he broke his hand he couldn't iron his uniform properly...and the person who commands him said "You have a wife don't you? Doesn't she iron your clothes"???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pfft he does house work sometimes and thinks his awesome.. I actually rather he wouldn't because then he gives it to me for not doing more during the day.. "if I can do it then why can't you!" Grrr!
    but I don't iron and neither does he haha!