Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes he does He works long hours though, so isn't home enough to do much, but whenever he has time off or gets home earlier he is very helpful.

I love it that he always offers to help me, even though I usually tell him not to worry about it. Tonight he made dinner and did the dishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2Mimi:
    My dp just came out of recriut training last year in Aforce, I thought that he'd improve on his time away because he had no choice there to clean perfectly every day and all... BUT once he got home he was worse than before!!! He did even less and justified it by saying that he did it for three months and now its his holiday... I think I'll send him back to recriuts HAHA...
    I know that you cant 'train' a man HAHA that would be as pointless as me joining the army and taking orders from authority, it just aint gunna happen LOL...
    I actually tried for a few weeks to just stop doing everything (my Mum did this for three decades)... but my DP is happy to live in his own dirt for months (just as my parents ended up living in theres for 30 years)...
    So I figure if I care so much about the house being clean, then I just gotta do it myself...

Id still like to find out about that man improving microchip though HAHA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I picked yes, willingly and whatever the other bit was LOL.
    However, I say yes, but I mean he does what he is told when he is told to do it. Without complaint. I dont ask much but when I do ask it of him he does it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so surprised that men help around the house, if I dont make meals for my husband he just doesnt eat, even if I am out for the day, the he complains about how hungry he is... lol. He does nothing to help, not even with the littke one, I cook dinner with her in one hand...

I bummed out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahandprincess View Post
    I am so surprised that men help around the house, if I dont make meals for my husband he just doesnt eat, even if I am out for the day, the he complains about how hungry he is... lol. He does nothing to help, not even with the littke one, I cook dinner with her in one hand...

I bummed out!
    Sorry what planet does this guy think he is on.

Why do you put up with it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to overitand36 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (01-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I bummed out!
    ...and you are allowing it to happen. Put your foot down, demand change if you are not happy. Its not right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Mimi View Post
    My DP had to train me

When we first met we had two different standards of 'what is clean' his idea of clean was shoes in a neat line at the front door or in walk in robe in bedroom,very high strung, where as i was abit more laid back and would just take my shoes of where ever i sat down LOL I would take a shower and leave my towel on bedroom floor and then grab a new towel every day as teh one from previous day would then be smelly LOL he would hang his nice and neatley in a certain way and pick up and hang the mat after he got out the shower aswell, so i came into teh relationship with alot of pet hates

But im happy to say that im now a reformed towel dropper and shoe kicker offer where ever i please, after DP nagging and drumming it into me i now hang my towel up and i put my clothes in the laundry to instead of leaving them in a pile in the bathroom

He grew up with a neat freak mum so is one himself and being in the Army made him very disciplined aswell
    Just wanted to say this sounds like us! DH is ALWAYS at me to hang up my towel, because I usually leave it on the bed or the floor Same as when he does the dishes, the whole kitchen sparkles! (I always leave dishes to drip dry!) The only thing he is bad at is the laundry, but that just so happens to be my area of expertise

His mother is also VERY neat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is very hard to argue with as he says that he is tired from work, work is his job and the house and child raising is mine. The problem is, my job never seems to end....

I do feel bad asking for him to do chores when he has been at work all day. But at the same time, I never seem to be able to get ontop of everything...

hmm... how do I fix it without fighting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the solution I work half the week so does hubby there he has to do housework when I am working. I do more than he does but am thankful for what he does do. He will cook, do washing, fold it, vacuum but I haven't seen him a clena a toilet though he just swears at it, I say to him thats not going to clean it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RebekahLeigh View Post
    ...and you are allowing it to happen. Put your foot down, demand change if you are not happy. Its not right.

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    Just wanted to say this sounds like us! DH is ALWAYS at me to hang up my towel, because I usually leave it on the bed or the floor Same as when he does the dishes, the whole kitchen sparkles! (I always leave dishes to drip dry!) The only thing he is bad at is the laundry, but that just so happens to be my area of expertise

His mother is also VERY neat.
    I also wash dishes and leave them to drip dry he puts them away LOL and washing is my expertise to DP is banned from the laundry!!!

He is very hard to argue with as he says that he is tired from work, work is his job and the house and child raising is mine. The problem is, my job never seems to end....

I do feel bad asking for him to do chores when he has been at work all day. But at the same time, I never seem to be able to get ontop of everything...

hmm... how do I fix it without fighting?
    Is your DH living in the 20th century

He sounds very selfish!