Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    For all of those who said "yes DP helps and WILLINGLY" I have an extreme case of envy haha...
    If only I could install a "be more helpful" microchip into his brain somehow, like a stepford husband without the severe creepiness factor.
    I spose he helps me by keeping out of my way when Im trying to get things done, the sit down, shutup and engross myself in TV move, makes vaccuuming and mopping alot easier when he isnt moving around everywhere...

So to the wemon with housetrained hubbies... Where can I get one??? HAHAHA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Mine thinks he is so wonderful
    when he does help with the housework..haha! But because he is away a lot of the time, I generally do it when he's away.

That said, when he is home from work he
    does all the outdoor stuff that I avoid doing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJRain-crew View Post
    I don't think its a matter of training I think its them knowing what century we are living in.

Some men just need a wake up call or some women just need to stop cleaning up after them like children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ticked first option-willingly

DP works FIFO and is only home 1 in 3 weeks but when he is home he is fantastic! very helpful!

He actually enjoys vacumme cleaning and tends to do it the entire week he is home.

ill put a load of washing on and he someimes gets it out and hangs it,other times il get it out and start hanging it and he just comes out and helps and chats away he really good like that although he isnt aloud to put the washing on as he stuffs up my system.

He always sweeps the pavement out the back & front and the garage ect when he is home and weeds, cleans/washes car and vaccumes it

He lovesssss the steam mop! when we brought it last xmas from good guys he was so excited to get home and use it he raced home and switched it on and wouldnt give me a go,we bickered like little kids over it! and still now he is obsessed with it,when i pull it out when he is home,i plug it in and turn around and he is right there already like a flash waiting for it to warm up!

the only cooking he does is porriage or chilli con carne so i do most the cooking.

He sometimes does dishes but mostly i do them.

he will clean the toilet if i tell him he has left marks he better fix but thats really the only thing i ever have to ask him to do as he helps with everything else, although you wouldnt catch him picking up a toilet brush just to clean the toilet he only does it cause he has left marks and i will do my troppo as its my one pet hate if he doesnt fix it! LOL

He plays with DD non stop,they are very close,have rumbles in bed every morning they have their own special little games that she plays with daddy only and when we are at shops he is usually the one who pushes the pram,he is great! baths her,or they have a shower together,sings and reads books with her and the list goes on...

I shall add that he does NOT winge or think he is a hero for doing housework either and when he is away i do everything
    Last edited by Mum2Mimi; 25-05-2010 at 11:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJRain-crew View Post

My DP had to train me

When we first met we had two different standards of 'what is clean' his idea of clean was shoes in a neat line at the front door or in walk in robe in bedroom,very high strung, where as i was abit more laid back and would just take my shoes of where ever i sat down LOL I would take a shower and leave my towel on bedroom floor and then grab a new towel every day as teh one from previous day would then be smelly LOL he would hang his nice and neatley in a certain way and pick up and hang the mat after he got out the shower aswell, so i came into teh relationship with alot of pet hates

But im happy to say that im now a reformed towel dropper and shoe kicker offer where ever i please, after DP nagging and drumming it into me i now hang my towel up and i put my clothes in the laundry to instead of leaving them in a pile in the bathroom

He grew up with a neat freak mum so is one himself and being in the Army made him very disciplined aswell

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yes we both do housework, we both look after our son, we both have paid work outside the house.. it's awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup I am sooooo lucky with my hubby, he helps out all the time, I will cook and he will clean the house up, then he does dishes and i get the kids pj's and bed's ready for bedtime, then DH does the showering of the kids and we both dress them...we have a great little routine going

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ticked the willingly & competently... although sometimes a gentle nudge is all that's needed. He does all the outdoors all the time. But he's funny, he cleans the kitchen a lot but never wipes the benchtops so I just usually finish it off. Then the other day I hinted how it might be nice if he wiped the benches down at the end (haha after 6 years of being together, I finally thought to say it) and the very next time he cleaned up, my benchtops were sparkling... he's sooo good He's also being really cute cause we're newly pregnant with our first after almost 6 years of trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course he does, he resides here to and also created our kids with me..

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i ticked willingly, definitely! I'm a sahm, so i do most of de cleaning, cooking and laundry, but dh when he is home does anything that
    needs doing, bathing de kids, dishes, laundry. then he gets on with his 'blue' jobs such as renos etc, while i stick 2 de pink jobs haha! I do as much as i can usually cos he won't stop until its all done bless his cotton socks. He'll often start into de ironing at 9pm just 2 get it out of de way. I'm pretty lucky :->
    eta because he won't sit down until its all done, i fine that really motivates me 2 do as much as i can, i hate 2 see him starting into de ironing late at night, he works so hard and never complains...
    Last edited by Gothel; 25-05-2010 at 20:37.