Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dp and I fight over washing dishes...

He is very helpful around the house.

As with the "division of labor" I do the things I like, he does the things he likes and the rest we out source so never really a problem
    Last edited by ThreePeasPlease; 09-04-2013 at 13:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way haha. He is useless

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

townsvillenat  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH does as much housework as I do, but neither of us would classify that as him "helping me". He lives here too.

I do more breastfeeding, however.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's 50/50 for us (thankfully), there is no gender bias & no way anything around the house should be considered 'women's work'. We both work full time, have the same level of responsibility and commitments on top of work. I clean more than DH but he cooks a lot more than me! Will be interesting to see how we shift once bub arrives & I'm at home all day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

sandra28  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if I should be answering on my wife's behalf, but I do!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DanielJGarvey For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (21-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love this thread! pretty interesting to see how other men behave!
    Mine always wants to show off everything he did around the house, I know he is waiting me to be like "oh wooow you did all that yourself? you are my hero!" once done he display a satisfied smile.. oh what a man! love him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted yes willingly and competantly but we both work full time so there is a reasonably even distribution of jobs but I change my mind after reading your comment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is old but my husband is really useless at home, his excuse is he works 7 days a week, and long days at that but I am Also working 5 days a week and looking after ds 5 and am pregnant. We haven't fought over stuff for a while as I finally got a cleaner to come once a week, this has been such an amazing life changer for me. My problem with my husband is he is also a hoarder and doesn't even file away his papers, and I'm talking 7 years worth in my bedroom which would be everywhere if I didn't contain it, I also just pulled out amplifiers and other crap from under the bed, my room actually smells and I find it so disrespectful to me, he is a hard worker but Jesus he's almost 40, I'm over it. The reason in losing it today is I can't stand it anymore and am cleaning our room, hence being reminded and disgusted in him again. Oh and I've tried every angle, he just doesn't see the problem. Anyway rant over, better get back to it. 😡

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My hubby is great around the house and always helps out as he knows I can't stand mess, mess makes me cranky and he prefers me to be happy lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've got a new partner so I'd better update my answer. My BF stays over here a lot and I go to his a lot. He helps heaps with the housework. We both work full time and he does the majority of the cooking. He often does the dishes and wipes down the kitchen while I get DD I to bed. He does loads of washing, hangs it out and puts away. He often makes the bed too. I do more cleaning of the house than him, that's probably the one area that is his least preferred.

I'm really happy that he does so much. With both of us working full time I think it's only fair that he helps.