Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does your hubby/partner help around the house?

Hes not working and helps me out with dd all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH must be broken then LOL. He use to mow outside but the last 2-3 times ive had to do it when my youngest 2 are sleeping. Ok at the moment its wet so we are waiting but ill end up still doing it (even though he has 3 days off this week). I have to tell him what to do. In my eyes, thats what your mother does not your wife. Apparently im seeing it wrong and should tell him what to do (this is from a councilor) but seriously when i walking around doing everything and he sits on the computer playing games, does he not see im racing around cleaning. Blind much. I am at home all day with the kids but i shouldnt be expected to do EVERYTHING. His idea of cleaning is just the lounge room (even then he just moves stuff around on the floor and then vaccums) and rearranging the computers and lounge chairs :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    I answered yes but the reality is that I don't consider that he HELPS me... it is not my job!!! he does his part and I do mine, I help him with some things and he helps me with some others.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does your hubby/partner help around the house?

DH is a complete dream when it comes to helping out with DD. But when it comes to general domestic duties, 95% of it falls on me. I don't mind too much but I do have my days when it gets a bit intense...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my hubby does. He is a hands on dad and great with the housework too. I'm very lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I get a hand around the house work but never with the nappies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I have a fiance who works very hard at his job almost everyday, weekends are excluded.
    Whilst he does not help alot around the house, he is very tough on our daughters (which helps me alot...).I am sweet and gentle in nature, and I suppose I can understand him from his point of view, I disagree that complaining about not having enough help from your man is a good thing. I guess, I just can't bring myself to point out all of the things that he hasn't done, I look at all the things that he has done. This keeps it in perspective for me, but in saying that. I don't agree with the idea of women cleaning the house all day. I like routine with my house cleaning, and if I didn;t have it then my life would be turned upside down in one day. Period. I do think that sometimes men have misconceptions of what mums do all day, if they stay at home or work, generally if they clean a house. Lol. There are misconceptions about what should be a woman's job and what should be a man's job. My job as a stay at home mum (I'm proud to call myself that, I also study too! ), is to clean the house and teach the kids, I love teaching though. Cleaning not so much, BUT I HAD A POINT.... Our jobs leek into the evening, because of dinners... and homeworks... and other things that we have to do after the hubby comes home from work. So our "jobs" are sometimes longer than that of a mans. Hard work pays off though, I always remember this, I could be a very lazy person and not get much done in my life, I'd prefer to look at the lighter side of things... Always in my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
    DH is a complete dream when it comes to helping out with DD. But when it comes to general domestic duties, 95% of it falls on me. I don't mind too much but I do have my days when it gets a bit intense...
    I agree with you Katsumi, sometimes (especially if we have surprises pop up, or exams) things do get very very busy, sometimes too busy for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebb View Post
    Sometimes I get a hand around the house work but never with the nappies
    Hi, just noticed that you are new on here also, Hi "newbie" Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh takes the bins out, washes the dog once a week, and does a load of dishes on the weekend. He will wash my car when I ask and occasionally cooks dinner or will tidy. I wouldn't say he cleans as much as he messes things up, but he is inproving a little

11. The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbaby For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (04-04-2013)