Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my vote for other means, only when we are having guests over, which is a real pain in the butt

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Does your hubby/partner help around the house?

Mine helps and never has to be asked :-) it was quite a culture shock to begin with because my XH never did anything - I had to pay someone to mow the lawns and he couldn't even put his clean washing away or his dirty washing in the laundry, never did dishes etc etc.

DP and I don't live together but we've been together for nearly 18 months now so I don't think he's just trying to impress me lol. We help each other - if something needs doing, it gets done. Simple :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not really. I wish he would. I have to nag nag nag if I want something done. He won't take any initiative with house work. I'll get home, scope the house and see what needs to be done or tidied up. He'll get home and jump straight on the xbox. Don't get me wrong, I love playing xbox too but after everything is done. Then I reward myself with leisure activities.
    Any advice? I hate to play the nagging wife role. I'm seriously over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Of course he does! I don't really see it as him 'helping' me though, it's his responsibility as much as it is mine. In actual fact he is far more tidy by nature than I could ever be so if I were to hazard a guess I suspect he probably does more than I do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

lilybaby  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Not really. I wish he would. I have to nag nag nag if I want something done. He won't take any initiative with house work. I'll get home, scope the house and see what needs to be done or tidied up. He'll get home and jump straight on the xbox. Don't get me wrong, I love playing xbox too but after everything is done. Then I reward myself with leisure activities.
    Any advice? I hate to play the nagging wife role. I'm seriously over it!
    Same. Advice welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP is amazing with helping around the house. He works away 2 weeks a month but when he's at home he does so much - prob more than I do to be honest! He takes over the night feeds, washes and sterilises bottles, vacuums, does the washing and spends as much time as possible with our son. He says he misses him so much when he's away and just wants to do as much for him as he can (and spend as much time with him as he can) when he's home. He is a great Dad and a great support to both of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Does your hubby/partner help around the house?

Nope. He works and i do everything else.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pretty much split everything evenly...he cooks, I do the washing up. I do the laundry (won't let him wash my clothes after he put an expensive silk top in the dryer!!!), he vaccums & mops. He does the outside, I do the bathrooms.

We're expecting our first bub and we have agreed that he will do bathing, changing, etc when home...but of course I'll do the feeding! Most of the housework will fall to me though while I'm on Maternity leave as I feel that's only fair.

But he'll probably still do the cooking as I'm a terrible cook! (At least that's what he thinks )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted "other" because he is happy and willing to, but will never think of doing so unless I suggest it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does your hubby/partner help around the house?

My Dh is great, helps with housework whenever h

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub