Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisa21 View Post
    DH doesn't help he does his share, we both live here, we both make mess, we both created a child so we both raise him. DH is a shift worker so he's home a lot during the day, why should I baby him? The only thing that I usually take care of is all the cooking. I'm pregnant and cooking is a struggle as the smells make me vomit so I'm not doing much of that either.

I hate the mentality that it's the womans work! It's our home and our mess so WE clean it up.
    Yes, I agree. It's housework, not a "job". It's mundane, boring, never-ending. Parenting takes up many more hours than most employment. Even my DP used to cook and clean with me when I was a SAHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He does pretty well putting up with my reactions, I think sometimes he doesn't wanna do something coz he knows I'll be like 'did u do it properly? Did u do this? Did u do that?'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW I thought that the DP'S that do help would be the minority...
    Nope here... unless feeding the cats counts as help LOL...

I cook every meal, clean, mow, weed, garden, make lunches, wash, fold, mop, empty bins, vacuum, make beds and everything in between the only thing I refuse to do is iron his mountain of work clothes so they pile up untill he cant get into the closet of the spare room anymore.

Except alot of nights he gives the little one a shower cause its either that or wash the dishes...
    even when I was working I was doing all the cooking and cleaning...
    I got sick of nagging him so I gave up and just do it all myself now...

SIGH...this thread has made me feel a tad unappreciated LOL No wonder I feel like Im looking after two children...sometimes I jokingly ask if he needs me to wipe his bum too LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JJJRain-crew For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (09-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH usually instigates a big clean up every Saturday morning - he does it in half the time it would take me...dusting, tidying, vacuuming and maybe a load of washing, then he irons his shirts for the next week. I do the dishes every night (no dishwasher) and usually do the bathroom. I've been getting him to do it now I'm pregnant and want to avoid chemicals though. We share the cooking.

He is a bit of a neat freak so I think he'll be in for a shock after our baby's born and he sees how quickly things can get messy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ummm no

If I ask him he might, but has to fit in with his schedule

And for this I blame his mother, who still tries to run his life to this day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is great with the kids and baths them every night and reheats their dinner when I am at work, sometimes if I am lucky he will stack the dishwasher.

Other than that, he does nothing without constant reminders, and then thats usually just hanging out washing with me helping.

He does work 2 jobs, so I kinda understand, but what about me? I am at home with the kids, then work at night. Its a constant battle here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a cleaner so neither of us really do much housework ( Mummafug runs and hides for cover)

BUT he does the majority of the cooking (i will prepare the ingred - he cooks.)
    He wouldnt know how to use the washer/dryer but will whip around and do 'quick' tidy ups whenever he needs to.

He does his fair share

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, he does. He lives in this house, so he helps maintain it - simple!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, I should add that I have created this monster. I am a total control freak, and would redo everything anyway. It freaks me out when he does start cleaning the house, and I tell him to go and spend time with the kids and I'll do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yes, he does some housework willingly and competently, but he kind of thinks he's a bit of a hero for it