Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    BroneDalit is offline Crazy Cat Lady and Pervy Hobbit Fancier
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DF does what he can. He works 6 days a week, so Sundays are his rest day. I feel bad asking for help because he works so much (70+ hours a week with 3am starts). But he does do the mowing, wood chopping etc. I work part time so it's difficult to keep the house spotless and everything in working order.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BroneDalit For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope my dh does nothing !! I do all the housework, all laundry, ironing and cooking. The kids do the lawns and trash. I do the weeding and car cleaning etc etc. my dh is home one weekend a month, I hardly think its a wise use of our time together to have him cleaning
    Honestly I think even if he was home I wouldn't want him messing with the program !

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mummato4 For This Useful Post:

BroneDalit  (23-05-2012),Lovemyfam  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It kind of sucks with my hubby, because he barely works, he just works casually (3hr shifts, 3 days per week and I work FT ... yet I still do EVERYTHING around the house ... even handyman jobs like fixing the toilet etc. It is kind of frustrating. He does have severe anxiety and depression ... but would still be nice to get some help, expecially now I am pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP works from home, I work seasonally, so there's lots of opportunities for us both to do stuff around the house. He looks after bub when I work (total Mr Mum), I do it when he works and the rest of the time when he's cleaning. He's MUCH tidier than I, and he washes all the nappies (a trade off for me doing overnight feeds), most of the expressing bottles, bub's clothes and our clothes. He doesn't think he's a hero, but he is a bit conceited about it at times, and plays down the work I do, and talks up his contribution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of the time yes but its probably a 75/25 split inside. He does the majority of the outside work

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH doesn't help out much. He will try to occupy our son when I'm trying to cook (since my son who will be 2 in a few months thinks he has to be under foot while im cooking or any housework for that matter). I do have to say though, since I had a miscarriage this past week he has helped more than usually when he is actually home from work. So im thankful (just hope it sticks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he does

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH does most of the house work as he's a stay at home dad. I only do a few bits and pieces when i get in from work. He's amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish!!!!! I do everything around the house all DP does is make the dishes or clothes dirty

CozWesty is offline is loving life with my little Zilla X
    Thanks
    Reviews
    He's pretty good at chipping in but he is also super messy. And makes out like he has saved the world by doing the dishes lol. I'm happy anyway as it is a lot better than when he used to do nothing