Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby barely works or helps around the house. It can be very frustrating! Last night I was doing clothes washing, dishes, cooking dinner etc and kept complaining that my back etc was sore ... and nothing!! Subtle hints do not work, I expect him to just help me when I am doing stuff without being asked, and he expects me to ask! Need to start asking I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    I personally dont think that working and being at home is an equal task. He cant take a break whenever he likes, watch a movie, go visit friends, take LO to the park etc....i can do those things. So i believe that my role is the home. I dont see why he should have to work long hours and come home and b expected to work more....he does ocassionaly help with dinner etc if i ask but usually he works and i take care of everything else. Works for us Plus im much better at it than him

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I don't know when you have time to watch a movie during the day. I certainly don't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I hardly have 5 minutes to myself to poo in peace

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (22-05-2012)

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a full time Uni student and hubby works as a contractor for the mines. So we both have a lot of work to keep on top of. But house work is something we both do. If its needing done we do it. Instead of snuggling and watching tv a night time, we chat and do the folding etc. lol. Not my idea of a great time but it keeps my house clean

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    dh is gone 7am to 6pm weekdays, and most nights after the kids are in bed he does a couple of hours on renos. In the evenings its all hands on deck so we do the dishes together and he usually baths the girls. And when i'm out on a Wed night he often clears the ironing too. I don't want him to do any more than that, i actually wish he would sit down and rest but that's not his way. So if i really have to keep on top of the housework otherwise he'll try to do it on top of everything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't know when you have time to watch a movie during the day. I certainly don't!
    Well i often dont but my point being i can if i really want to. I dont have a boss standing over me. If i want to have a break i can....a movie, watch tv, visit a friend etc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    Well i often dont but my point being i can if i really want to. I dont have a boss standing over me. If i want to have a break i can....a movie, watch tv, visit a friend etc

I work 3 days a week. When I'm at work, I can:

* get 15 minutes peace in the car to listen to whatever I want after dropping the kids off

* go to the toilet without being interrupted

* have two 25 minute breaks where I can eat in peace and relax

* finish a conversation with friends without worrying about the kids

At home, I don't think I've ever attempted to watch a movie while my kids are with me. I think it's slack. And when at home with kids or at a friend's, it's not a break. You still have to check on the kids, you lose track of conversations, never fully relax.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 22-05-2012 at 12:08.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I hardly have 5 minutes to myself to poo in peace
    dd is at my mums today, and thats the first thing im going to do haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    dd is at my mums today, and thats the first thing im going to do haha!
    Enjoy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (23-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    only if i ask. a lot, like i have asked him to move all of his teaching resources off the dinning room table, every afternoon last week. and he didnt do it until yesterday he came home and saw i wasnt feel well. asked if i was ok and i snapped "ID BE BETTER IF YOUR TEACHING CRAP WAS OFF MY TABLE!!!!!!" lol oops. (hormones? *buffs otherwise immaculate halo*) he went and did it.

if i say on saturday "ok guys, clean up time, spring clean!!!" he will get up and help, but he wont do anything unless asked. he is a poobum like that.