Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting Poll it seems most of us have hubbies who help but there r a few who don't sadly. I'm lucky I married my guy he always helped out even before DD came along we were both working in very demanding jobs, I guess I tended to do more of the cooking since I came home earlier working closer to home meant I did get in the door before he did. But we shared the washing hanging taking off, I vacuumed he steam mopped, I cleaned bathrooms he mowed (since I hate mowing) He irons when he runs out of workshirts LOL & I iron because I have to. Now DD is here I am a SAHM but he still helps out, on the weekend eg hangs out washing or takes it off. I tend to clean during the week now when DD is asleep but u wldn't know once she gets out of bed the house is trashed again toys everywhere. LOL But I compare my DH to my DAD & he never helped do housework & my mum worked part-time eg 6 hrs pday plus came home and worked so she had 2 jobs. But I think things have changed now men are not so biased about what is women's work & see housekeeping as a shared role eg 2 pple live in the house so 2 people contribute to the mess so 2 people should clean & when DD is old enough she'll be picking up her toys & packing away & she's going to learn to keep her room tidy & her bed made just like I had to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope all me.. No help with anything.. Not even bubby.. He does work a lot though so I can stay home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really luck in that DP doesn't even live here yet but he will always help with housework if he sees me cleaning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby doesn't "help" - he does his share, and always has! We were talking about this over dinner tonight... It's a pretty fair split!

- Whoever cooks doesn't have to clean up.
    - Whoever has time does the grocery shopping.
    - I vacuum, he does the kitty litter
    - I take care of the dishwasher, he does the garbage run (which is a good ten mins uphill from our apartment)
    - whoever gets out of bed latest makes the bed.
    - He cleans the kitchen, I do the bathroom.
    - we both hate doing laundry, so it generally ends in a standoff where one of us has dumped the clean washing onto the other's side of the bed... Really mature-like!
    - when it comes to bub he does everything he can, we are still bfing so there is not much her can do to settle her during the night, but he does take her in the morning to give me at least an hour extra sleep. And often he wakes me with a fresh barista coffee - my god I love that man!!

I am only working p/t at the moment so I expect to do more around the house and with bub, just because I have more time. Tho tables turn next month when hubby has six months being a stay at home daddy - then I expect he will do more ;-)

BTW, pmsl-laughing at the Mumma who said her man is obsessed with the steam mop!!! Gotta get my hands on one of those!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VintageLover View Post
    It's not about being equals really..

You can't be equals when you're a stay at home mum or only work one or two days a week..

Why should a husband that works all week (mine 6 days) and solely provides for the family have to come home and cook tea or vacuum the floors or hang washing?

Not lazy snot, but a busy reliable husband. In my eyes anyway. The rubbing of my home is my department. Help is welcome but not expected. DD has chores for her treats and pocket money.. Money that hubby privides us with :-))
    I have the same out look. When I fist met my husband he worked and I stayed at his place made sure everything was done so he could come home and relax

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

VintageLover  (22-05-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

You can't be equals when you're a stay at home mum or only work one or two days a week..

Why should a husband that works all week (mine 6 days) and solely provides for the family have to come home and cook tea or vacuum the floors or hang washing?

Not lazy snot, but a busy reliable husband. In my eyes anyway. The rubbing of my home is my department. Help is welcome but not expected. DD has chores for her treats and pocket money.. Money that hubby privides us with :-))
    so you only cook/clean/rear the kids 6 days a week too?
    im lucky im financially independant so its not like dh is supporting our family financially, but even if he was we would both work equal hours at all tasks, paid or otherwise.
    theres no way he'd come home and watch tv drinking beer while there was dishes to do/laundry to fold/children to play tea parties with. he'd be horrified if i suggested it haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Does he pay for the cleaning lady?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    so you only cook/clean/rear the kids 6 days a week too?
    im lucky im financially independant so its not like dh is supporting our family financially, but even if he was we would both work equal hours at all tasks, paid or otherwise.
    theres no way he'd come home and watch tv drinking beer while there was dishes to do/laundry to fold/children to play tea parties with. he'd be horrified if i suggested it haha!
    I personally dont think that working and being at home is an equal task. He cant take a break whenever he likes, watch a movie, go visit friends, take LO to the park etc....i can do those things. So i believe that my role is the home. I dont see why he should have to work long hours and come home and b expected to work more....he does ocassionaly help with dinner etc if i ask but usually he works and i take care of everything else. Works for us Plus im much better at it than him

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (24-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    'You can't be equals if you stay at home?' That's a loaded statement.

DH and I both work 45 hours week on different rosters (me normal full time, him 4 on/3 off). By some people's logic, neither of us should have to lift a finger once we get home

We have a division of labour at home that we naturally fell into, and which works for us.

I do everything for DD in the morning, I do Kindy drop off and pick ups, he cooks dinner.

He looks after outside and cars, me inside.

We share washing. If the load is done, whoever is free will hang it out. I always tend to fold and put in away though.

I generally bath and get DD ready for bed while he cooks dinner. I wash up.

We take shifts at the gym 4 x per week. We take turns at a weekend sleep in.

I can't remember ever fighting over domestic chores.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MMelissa For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MMelissa View Post
    'You can't be equals if you stay at home?' That's a loaded statement.

DH and I both work 45 hours week on different rosters (me normal full time, him 4 on/3 off). By some people's logic, neither of us should have to lift a finger once we get home

Thats different as you both work outside of the home full time. When one is home all day thats their role....child rearing and home making! imo anyway They are not equal tasks, as My role is more flexible than my DH's. His role isnt more important or more valuable....just different. I dont work non stop all day like he does.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (24-12-2012)