Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep we are half and half in housework (though he occasionally does more) and never groans about it or expects me to do it all

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No.
    He leaves for work at 5 am and returns close to midnight most nights.

I'm not going to send him away to work his butt off at taxation and financial planning all day and then expect him to do my jobs for me when he gets home.

He takes his plates to the sink, hangs up his used towel and puts his dirty clothes in the laundry basket, but apart from that the housework is my realm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my husband and I both work and he does equal work around the house. Irons every week, vacuums, does dishes. Whatever needs doing we get done.

We r a team.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No he doesnt (apart from cooking) to be honest and its my biggest 'issue' with our otherwise happy marriage. I am a sahm and am happy to do the majority of the housework however I cannot accept him not offering to help/do any kind of house work (inside or outside) on the weekend/holidays. So he is on notice that he needs to improve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a SAHM (work every Sunday while hubby is home though). And he STILL helps out.

He does the dishes and cleans the kitchen every night when he's working, I never ask him, he just does it.
    When I'm working he does everything I do, washing, floors, toilets, cooks dinner etc.

We're a pretty good team, and it's balanced very well.

I doubt I'd be able to put up with a lazy snot of a husband, we're equals so they need to act as such!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um... He takes the wheelie bins down to the road once a week...

Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, my DP doesn't do much around the house.

He works from home and he likes me to be "working" on the housework while he is working in the home office.

He will help me make dinner which is nice.

Sometimes (especially now I'm in my third trimester) I just can't do it so he will step up then and help me.

I think it's a pretty fair partnership because he works so hard and it's nice for him to have a clean home environment since he works at home. He finds it easier to concentrate if the house is nice and clean/tidy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not about being equals really..

You can't be equals when you're a stay at home mum or only work one or two days a week..

Why should a husband that works all week (mine 6 days) and solely provides for the family have to come home and cook tea or vacuum the floors or hang washing?

Not lazy snot, but a busy reliable husband. In my eyes anyway. The rubbing of my home is my department. Help is welcome but not expected. DD has chores for her treats and pocket money.. Money that hubby privides us with :-))

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VintageLover For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (21-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *running

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a husband but yes, my wife helps out where she can. We both have about the same amount of free time. The rest of the time is divided cleaning, cooking or minding a small child.