Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I picked other because my hubby does all the yard work, and cooks me dinner when I'm working
    However he also never picks up after himself, never puts his sandwich stuff away or wipes the bench, leaves his clothes wherever he took them off (which is everywhere lol), and when I ask him why he does these things? He says "I don't want you to get bored"

We both work the same hours, and when I started working it was with the understanding that he would pick up after himself to help out a bit, but yeah no

When I get to my third trimester I'll be quitting work, so after that I won't mind at all (just like I didn't when I was staying at home before), at the moment though it is a bit frustrating, mostly I think because I'm so tired and sore, especially after work .

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wouldnt say he willingly does it but i am quite a demanding, some would say im an anal neat freak. I cant help it. i like a clean home.
    It took alot of "training" to get him this good at helping around the house. So when he screws up, for example: puts the mcn's in the machine but doesnt turn it on - i let him know about it!
    or , he is a wounderful cook and enjoys cooking but when doesnt wipe down the splashback or the cupboards or take the rubbish out nightly - it really ****es me off and he knows about it.
    Sometimes i know i am hard on him. And he does gets sick of me. But i dont spend a full day cleaning the house while caring for our demanding 12mth old for him to either, not realise that i spent the day cleaning or leave his crap everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No Option

This poll is targeting Men.

For the record - Stay at home dad - partner does nothing around house at all and I do not expect her too. I run the house she works hard long hours and is well paid therefore I have no problem keeping a beautiful home for her to come home and relax in.

All I ask in return are her amazing fluffy eggs on toast each Saturday morning in bed :-)

If your going to do a poll drop the sexist language and attacks. use 'does your partner' not he or he thinks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We both do everything. There is no, You do that, i do that. Sometimes i cook, sometimes he cooks, cleans, etc etc. I cant believe some of the answers on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My guy is generally good. My only frustration really is that his football playing and coaching takes him away two nights a week and a whole day on the weekend and sometimes extra nights which means I gotta pick up the slack at those times. But I would never take that away from him. Basically the motto is 50/50 in everything. It's our money, our house and our chores. I have had some truly shocking, babied, unappreciative boyfriends so I really treasure my man now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes he does. Otherwise I would not marry him

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yes and No.

My partner works for the defence force and can be away a lot, so he does the outside jobs, like lawns and gardens when needed and the handy man jobs that need doing.

I don't work at all anymore, so I do the major jobs, washing, ironing looking after our little man and keeping our house in ship shape. I'm happy to do it. I know if I worked full time it would be a different story and it would be equal.

I'm just happy to have him home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was with my ex DP for 12 years. During that time he didn't 'help' me, because it is not my job to be helped with. It's a shared responsibility that he took equal part in. I am not his mother and he is not a child.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH used to do nothing to help round the house...to the point of being a prat. His bowl and cups etc would sit there until I took them out, he would drop his clothes on the floor and they would be left until I picked them up, I used to go round and round cleaning up after him. I see it as 'helping' because it is my job as a stay at home mum to look after the house, his job is to go out to work and bring the money in.
    Since I fell pregnant however, he has been absolutely brilliant and done everything. He hates doing it and has learn to appreciate homemakers more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, my partner does help out willingly only when I ask him however he wont get up and do the dishes for example if i don't ask him even if he walks past the sink several times. I do the majority of housework as i feel he works all day running his own business with long hours ect.