Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dh is a selfish pig who does nothing. I didn't have my toddler today so took advantage and cleaned the entire house then he came home and had a spack because I didn't buy bread today. And then kept going on and on about how I get to do what I want all day. I freaking over it. Housework is the last thing I feel like doing EVER. He will park his lazy a$$ on the couch and watch tv while I run around at 9pm doing dishes and picking up toys. Then wonders why I don't want to dtd. And he thinks that because he earns the money he is entitled to spend as much of it as he wants.

Well that's my rant over

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What I find offensive if why would the partner be "helping"? Does housework belong to me only and if he does anything he's "helping"? I work full time too, and he has his kids from previous marriage living here. The teenagers are pretty well trained and do their share of washing up after meals and looking after their own areas and laundry. My husband "helps" by doing his own laundry, cooking 2 nights per week (with lots of nagging and tantrums, plus he gets the kids to do it anyway), feed the pets 2-3 times per week, and clean up all the things he leaves all over the house once every 2-3 weeks eg. bags, books, magazines, letters, clothes, shoes, baskets and baskets load of clean laundry. The only way I can not let his procrastination affect me is to separate my things from his so at least I have clean clothes to wear, and I have a stock of instant food or frozen meals because someone else won't pull his weight, and once in a while I produce a big box and swipe all his rubbish littered around the house into it and chuck it into the garage.
    Last edited by Frostysmum; 06-09-2011 at 16:27. Reason: turn off signature

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My husband is some kind of super efficient alien robot or something. He will work all day, do the grocery shopping on his way home, cook tea, feed the dog, wash his work clothes and then do the dishes. I don't think I have emptied a bin in over a year, not even the one in my studio.
    On weekends he is even worse! He seems to have excessive amounts of energy in the mornings. I usually wake up to the sound of the washing machine thundering away, and DH bouncing around yanking the sheets off the bed from underneath me. I'm surprised he doesn't shower and dress me as well!

He's not a crazed cleaning lunatic like I make him sound, but he sure is super efficient and organised. Certainly puts me to shame!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my husband is pretty good... i doant ask him to do a thing inside but i expect outside to be clean and poo free for our 2 year old to play.. i would rather he spend his home time playing and reading to our 2 year old then cleaning... but he does cook dinner as hes not a faqn of food poisning as i am a really baad cook.. lol..

tummy fairy is offline We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DH goes through cycles - He starts off doing some stuff (occassional load of washing, loading dishwasher, mowing lawn), then slowly does less and less til I find myself doing everything. I flip out and have a meltdown and so he picks up his game again and the cycle starts all over again. He does work 50hrs a week compared to my 30hrs, so I realise that I have to do the lion's share....just not EVERYTHING.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    With some nagging, yes

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby is pretty good. Yes he needs a boot up the butt with most things but I can't talk. Both being full time at work, the last thing we want to do is housework so most weekends we seem to end up doing a bit of a bulk clean up of the kitchen and washing then a bit more sporadic with everything else. I'm so messy (I'm a scrapbooker) and hubby is neat so in some ways he's lower maintenance than me but we do share most duties. I'm gladly handing over the cat litter duties to him now that I have an excuse haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not to my standards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! He is amazing. Everything is split 50/50 in our household. I don't know what I'd do without him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Proud to say I'm the boss at home. :-D

I think you moms should stand up and say straight to your partners that you need their help!