Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    to an extent. He works 13 hour days 6-7 days a week, so the last thing he feels like doing is housework. He helps with our oldest DD (getting her ready for bed while I cook dinner etc), and sometimes he cooks. Most sundays if he isnt working he jumps on the playstation or messes around in the shed. He does help if I ask him to do something in particular, or if he can see I am struggling with the kids and getting everything done. It doesnt bother me that he doesnt do much around the house to help, he is always there when I need him emotionally and to me thats more important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only if I nag the hell out of him and it takes me asking 20 times before he does one thing I have asked him to do (he usually does a sub-par job too lol) - I have given up and realised it's easier to just do it myself half the time because I waste as much time and energy getting angry about it. Not that I am happy about the fact that it has come to that!! I admit he does have big days at work but he comes home and runs off down the back for fish and I don't see him again until near dinner time. His excuse is "I need to unwind after a day at work" fair enough, but when do I get to unwind?? lol As you would all know, our job is 24/7, we don't get to knock off at 5pm or get weekends and Public Holidays!!

I am dreading when I go back to work because I am struggling with all the housework etc now so hopefully by then he has changed his tune!

Sorry for the little vent!! haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    my hubby does help but needs to be told 98% of the time. He will admit he doesn't help as much as he should. why do i feel like i should say thank you everytime he does help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglesworth View Post
    my hubby does help but needs to be told 98% of the time. He will admit he doesn't help as much as he should. why do i feel like i should say thank you everytime he does help?
    I know exactly what you mean! You feel as though you need to applaud them everytime they do something so simple! lol Guess it's similar to training a dog

Thanks
    Reviews
    not at all. but he does work a 70+ hour week and i only work a 38 hour week, but it is hard being pregnant and tired and still doing the cooking and cleaning. He looks after the garden on sundays but yeah, thats it :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work 38 hours, my partner works 40-50 hours...
    I'm very lucky as I know I can always rely on him to help me out, I always try and do the most I can as I always have a day off during the week, and try and get it done so our weekends are not filled with cleaning,
    He is making me dinner right bow

Thanks
    Reviews
    ** now lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine works on a farm 1 hour away and at the races for the horses on weekebd nights till about 10 some nyts. i dont do much in the day i do school and come home to clean. if his home will cook together abd relax. i love him heaps his great

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my husband does all the housework pretty much because i am pregnant & have had complications since early on - he is looking forward to a time where he can rest a bit when he gets home. At the moment he does the washing, shopping, cleaning, caring for the pets, bathing, & looks after dd when he gets home. Sometimes i cook but sometimes he does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby is lazy and doesn't help me unless I nag at him and then he gets cranky at me. He told me that his idea of messy is completely different to my idea. So according to him we would have to be wading through crap before he will help me clean.
    I gave him 2 jobs to do (the dishwasher and the rubbish) and he doesn't even do them without me nagging. Sometimes I get so fed up that I do them myself and then he will come and help me (which drives me crazy - why can't he just get up and do them himself???).

Last night I told him not to come to bed until he had unpacked and packed the dishwasher.