Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DF will do a few loads of washing on the weekend or vacuum the bedrooms (although I vacuum everyday) and then say he spent all day cleaning

He does help with the washing but he has never washe/changed sheets, cleaned the bathrooms, toilets or showers etc. I don't mind doing most of the housework as I don't work but as I'm pregnant and studying aswell (and looking after DS), I do need him to help out with some things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH and I do everything together apart from decorateing he is still only a learner in that department. he does all the lawns and outside work and if I am ill he wont let me up out of bed and he tends to me.
    He will tell you we are in a partnership and everything is equal even the work load in our home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even just after having everything done for him his whole life he still willingly helps me with anything I ask - and I try not to ask too much, because he works more than I do. He cooks tea quite often too.. He's a good cook!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby is the best but keeps saying what a great hubby he is which spoils it a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this one!

Yes, husband helps..but he thinks he's a hero for doing it..like afterwards there needs to be some kind of reward or acknowledgement. Hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I am one of the 7% who selected 'Never'.

At first I was not happy about it, but have recently come to enjoy it.

It feels nice to look after the house and kids so when my husband comes home there are no jobs left to do and we can spend time together. We have a play time, then my husbands reads some bedtime books and I take over at sleep time. I do all cleaning, cooking, ironing, even make his lunches etc and everything to do with the kids like feeding, bathing... he works 5 days a week, and I feel like I have more spare time than he does, though it takes alot of organising. After 7pm I don't do anything but relax.

I love him and it feels nice to do something so special for him everyday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He does And he tries to do a good job :P He's a terrible cook but he will get there! :P From a family of all boys he does a great job

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im very lucky DH will help out alot, but very couple of weeks he might need another reminder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately my DP does the majority of work around here. I had a back injury in 2009 while I was pregnant with DS3, and took me two years of recovering and I was slowly getting back on track...

We found out we were expecting a 'surprise baby' the day before he had an emergency appendectomy, and between my back pain sky-rocketing and severe morning sickness/tiredness, I am pretty much unable to do anything much to contribute.

It upsets me, and he has rang the boss today to move down to doing only three days of work a week - he was going to leave altogether but I convinced him not to... It is hard sleeping at weird hours, parenting from the couch (yet again after just getting back on my feet!), but we have another blessing of a child to think about who we love (along with our other three), so we will make it through regardless. Challenging? YES! Fair on him? I don't think so But we will do our best, and as hard as things will be financially - family needs to come first.

I hope to get back on my feet soon, but by the looks of it, things may not work out that way. I am glad that as much as I prefer to look after the house while he goes to work (we both thrive in our roles), he is here and willing to do what I cannot because of my 'unco-operative' body...

P.S. - I am SO on board with cringing when (mostly it's) fathers say 'I am babysitting the kids'... another pet peeve is that when my (wonderful) DP goes for a shower - he just goes! Me: "Can you watch the kids while I go for a shower pls?" No-one is perfect, but sometimes I can't help but react lol. Men say 'we' women are difficult creatures

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH will help out and quite often does a better job then I do, but 9 times out of 10 I have to ask him to help which is frustrating as it's usually him saying the house looks like crap. He's not having a go at me as he admits that the house work isn't my job, but it's still frustrating when he complains about it then does nothing to fix it Men