Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If he's not helping now chances are he won't when baby #3 comes. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha so true.... But I could always dream!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do the majority of the housework and cooking - DP does most of the outside stuff (mowing the lawn, taking the bins to the curb on bin night) and I do almost all of the parenting as well. DP does however leave his wet towels ont he bed, his dirty socks on the living room floor, dirty dishes on the counter...

He does however work all day and I get to be a SAHM like I want to be...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mone23 View Post
    Hahaha so true.... But I could always dream!!
    Same here, lol.

Mine has been helping a bit, but still I do more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I both work full-time although I work from home doing family daycare so I get a chance to do washing, school lunches and sometimes make or at least start dinner my DH idea of helping is sitting on the couch to watch me (and the T.V) I'm determined to make sure that once bub comes along he will be helping out by bathing, stories, playtime and bed routines while I clean, cook, wash etc

I sometimes get really angry with him because he has a daughter from a previious marraige that we have 50% care of and I'm left to sort her uniforms, lunches and homework...
    I'm so buggered after work that I just wish he'd help out I have to ask "babe can you just fold this washing while I mop the floor"? then I'll have too pack it all way lol he needs simple instructions and if I don't ask he won't bother
    When we first moved in together he'd leave his breakfast dishes on the dining room table I used to say "Did you leave them dishes there for the maid? that's heaps better now at least they make the sink or the dishwasher if I'm lucky ...

I'm def going to teach my kids from the minute they can walk where their clothes go in the laundry, toilet roll's go into the bin and get a new one if you finish it and dirty dishes go in the dish washer (obviously when they are old enough)

I truely beileve DH and SD10 were never taught how to tidy up behind them and therefore just forget that we don't have a cleaning lady to go round at the back of them.
    Last edited by step21with1intheoven; 27-10-2010 at 16:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    would anybody like to share one that does or at least teach me their ways in training them!!!!! dishes are a big no for him, ironing i do, laundry is all mine... he cooks when i can't be bothered, never ending list and seems to go unnoticed when i do it, but then when he does pitch in if i don't keep it spotless it sure gets noticed then lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    step21 i think its more what they can get away with.
    everyone knows how to do the dishes. how to put things away. and how to be helpful.

but why bother when someone else is there to mother you?

my husband is 99% of the time exactly the same. but he works atleast 6days a week so i just dont expect him to help out.
    however i've started going to the gym 4 nights a week and he has the kids for the hour and cleans up after them.. i even caught him sweeping the floors & wiping benches! lol
    they can do it. they just dont see why they should i guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very fortunate to have a partner who almost never cleans up after himself. My kitchen is always spotless but he always manages to use ten plates when making food and just leave them on the benches. When and if he ever does wash up (because I've whinged) it's done in cold water and there is ALWAYS food left on the plates. Resulting in me having to re-do them.
    I have never seen him sweep the floor and god forbid clean the bathroom...even after he's used the electric shaver and dropped his hair trimmings ALL OVER my clean bathroom floor.
    I'm also fortunate enough to have him complain that I "annoy" him when I clean around him it makes him feel "uncomfortable". Instead of putting the full bin out he will just either cram more rubbish in the bin or dump it on it or next to it. My personal fave is leaving the empty container or box in the fridge or freezer because he could not be bothered. I especially love how when I buy food for my children ie...ice cream he eats it all in one or two sittings and my kids dip out. I love that one the absolute best of all! Yep, a considerate one mine!

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HA. no. wait.. he mows the lawn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nnimlot.. you need to start hiding the kids food! hehe