Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Okay yeah I get you, like

Yes - He does

Yes - she does

Yes - but he thinks he's a hero

Yes - but she thinks she deserves shoes

And so and so forth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah - that's it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Fair enough. Honestly I forgot that there might be any men using the site it wouldn't have occurred to me.

But I suppose men are parents too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeas, and so are lesbians!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah my DH helps out a bit. He's a hands on Dad so no worries there, but housework he doesnt do except for the dishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pretty much never

I answered "only with plenty of reminding"

But I can't be bothered reminding most of the time, so I almost might as well have answered never

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    poor guy works a lot and somehow has ended up doing most of the housework lately.. ive been so tired i need a nap every day and my morning sickness has finally kicked in grrr...
    but the only thing he does extremely poorly is cooking.. usually he just cooks pies or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I voted 'other'. He's willing, but not so competent, lol. And sometimes I do need to remind him to rinse and stack the plates / put his dirty clothes in the laundry basket instead of on the bedroom floor / vacuum more often than once every four months / squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom of the tube, but he feels so bad about forgetting that usually I just bite my tongue and sort it myself. Hmm... maybe he's smarter than I give him credit for.

Also, he does pretty much all the gardening. So I will just shut up now

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine does help, when I remind him a thousand times and sound like a fishwife in the process. Then he expects to be treated as a God for doing so, and in the process he's made more mess than he's cleaned up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so jealous of those women who said yes... Lol.. Hubby is the 'worker' in the family, and I am the one home with the kids, so he believes it's my 'job' to do everything around the house, as well as everything for the kids. I think the only thing he does is vacuum occasionally on a Saturday if he is not working, because I refuse to do it if he is here .

I have been both a 'working parent' and a non working parent, and I think being at home with the kids is a lot harder than going to work. But, in saying that, I wouldn't change it for anything. At least I know all the jobs are getting done properly . Who knows, maybe he might help more once baby number 3 arrives...??