Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee, at this stage I'm wondering whether I can e-mail this to DH
    He works outside the home 9 days a fortnight and I work 4. We have 2 children 18mths and 3yrs.
    He mows the lawn when it needs it and cooks on weekends and when people visit - which is soooooooo annoying as people always praise him for being such a great cook and helpful husband. I do everything else basically or ask and ask and ask for heeeeeeellllllllllppppppppp!!!
    Anyone else in a F/T, P/T work situation? What is the deal in your house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I put other. He doesn't do much housework unless I ask him to but, he does work full time, will run the kids around and do his share with DD as much as he's able. He has some ridiculous hours and may not come home for days (sleep shifts - day shifts for 3 days, etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    As DP often works about 3 hours more a week more than me and earns more he figures it is my responsibility to do the housework. He will cook about once a week but won't clean up after he has cooked. It is only if we are having friends over or a party that he will help inside. He says he does outside and I do inside but he loves gardening and only does it about once a month!
    Some of you are very lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    Yeah yours sounds worse than mine, at least he takes the rubbish out and cooks (even though I have to clean up aftewards) Men just have no idea do they (SOME men I should say). I hope my son doesn't grow up like that and I hope my daughters don't marry someone like that either.

You must feel like a single mother with a room mate in your house. I am sorry your partner is so absent from you.

ETA: My own father used to come home and spend all night in the garage too, it sucked. Though it was either that or come in and argue with my step mother all night (all they did was argue) he'd even spend every Friday night at the pub after work. At least mine doesn't do that, he is home, we are in the same room but hardly speak to one another most of the time.

We really know how to pick 'em don't we? lmao.
    lucky us!

i actually feel sorry for my hubby. to feel you need to financially support us and thats it is just so wrong. he's missing out on so much.
    we dont really argue as i refuse to have the kids growing up in an agro house. he doesnt go to the pub either. if he's not at work or helping mates hes in the shed..
    weve talked about it recently and he knows he needs to step up with the kids.. so will be interesting to see how it turns out.

and i sure as hell dont want my girls marrying someone like him. nor would i want my son to be him. its scary as whoever they grow up around is "normal" for them...

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MY DP cleans the house on the weekend when I'm at work, and he makes dinner most nights.

He believes "the cook doesn't clean", but even on the off chance I cook...I still clean lol

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    He helps all the time. Willingly and competently!

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Yes - but he thinks he's a total hero for doing so"

sexist answer much?...shouldn't this answer be... "Yes - but they thinks they are total hero for doing so"

and people wonder why sometimes guys feel uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Having let me sleep in this morning, doing the grocery shopping, the dishes, some washing and just now the vacuuming....yes he helps around the house. He's making me look lazy today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't follow voltron?

You mean for men or same sex couples the question shouldn't have specified an answer?

I think though the question was probably centered around the long time issue of how much housework men do or don't do based on their gender.

So I think the 'he' there was fair.

Though I think it was a bit of making fun there, like my dp is like that, he puts of garbage, occasionally vaccumes and then raves about HOW MUCH housework he does :rolleye: even so far as to recently try to prove a point by not taking out garbage for a week to show HOW MUCH he does for the household.

Omigosh.

Guess who didn't have hot dinners or clean clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SleeplessBeauty View Post
    I don't follow voltron?
    really?

um...ok then.... maybe there should have also been an answer of "Yes, but she thinks that she deserves a new pair of shoes every time she does"