Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    m2b i swear our husbands are twins. only difference being mine is in the shed till 9pm most nights.. no help no nothing.
    he'll come in to eat(usually in the lounge) then head back out.

i will call him in to say goodnight to the kids then he's straight outside again till he's done whatever hes doing!

reading what you wrote though i think mine is worse than yours.. he does nothing here. no cooking, no bins, no tidying, no help with the kids.. no nothing. he goes to work and thats the extent of his "duties".

i've given up trying.. never expected him to help around the house, but would like him more involved with the kids. but im over it now. i guess we live together but seperately. its me and the kids then him iykwim. i dont plan things with him. we do our thing and he does his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah yours sounds worse than mine, at least he takes the rubbish out and cooks (even though I have to clean up aftewards) Men just have no idea do they (SOME men I should say). I hope my son doesn't grow up like that and I hope my daughters don't marry someone like that either.

You must feel like a single mother with a room mate in your house. I am sorry your partner is so absent from you.

ETA: My own father used to come home and spend all night in the garage too, it sucked. Though it was either that or come in and argue with my step mother all night (all they did was argue) he'd even spend every Friday night at the pub after work. At least mine doesn't do that, he is home, we are in the same room but hardly speak to one another most of the time.

We really know how to pick 'em don't we? lmao.
    Last edited by mum2bubba; 31-07-2010 at 22:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    m2b and mummaof4, my xh was alittle like that but he liked to cook and if he did clean the kitchen I was not allowed back in, he would tell me to put the baby in the back pack to clean the house if I had a hard day with wingeing and I felt very much like a single mum emotionally. my dp now is trying to be good and he is learning he just cant cook and isnt very good at washing (towels in with the clothes) I dont ask to do it ever. I get really annoyed sometimes but find that its my issue and need to 'pull my head in' as my mum says, because it just puts distance betwen us and makes a mountain out if a mole hill and hes really good at playning with his little girls and always engaging with them in play or music.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I voted 'competantly and willingly'

Wish i could tick 2 boxes because it is more like......Compentantly and willingly & With plenty of reminding
    But i guess that's better than no help at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF gets life pretty easy.
    He has two jobs - wash the dishes after dinner and take the bins out.

I don't mind doing all the other housework. I kind of enjoy cleaning anyway.
    If I'm sick or have an assignment due DF will cook dinner ( or buy takeaway ) and take over some of the housework.

The one thing I always say though is he doesn't have to clean but he does have to parent.
    He usually baths DS 2 or 3 times a week and will usually feed DS dinner twice a week too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put 'other' because he does sometimes do things, but it's his idea to do them. I'm a SAHM and he is out long hours and under a fair bit of stress, so generally I am happy to do all the domestic stuff, but he will occasionally cook or wash up on a weekend.

I agree with the idea that if you are both working outside the home it shouldn't be called 'helping'.

I do think that despite all of what feminism has provided us, some things haven't changed for most people, though. For example, when baby is born, it's rarely the dad's that are asked 'So, when are you going back to work? Have you organised daycare?'. It's rarely dad who deals with the kids being sick, who knows when there's a special event at school etc. That's my experience, anyway.

My husband is a wonderful dad and definitely not a neanderthal, which is why I was so shocked last year- I took on a full time job and he took a year out from study and was working less than 10 hours a week. The kids were in daycare from 9-4 5 days a week and I still had to think of dinner, shop, do most of the cleaning ironing and washing grrrrr!

When I complained to family, all the women said, 'So what? I always did all that and worked full time too!'. More fool them, I say. Must be still a man's world I reckon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my hubby is great around the house and with the twins, every morning he makes me a a cup off tea before i get out off bed and will give the twins there breakfast. Hes great at cooking and cleaning (his fav is dusting and ironing). I couldnt ask for a better husband, lover, partner, father. 9years and still going strong x

Baldie's Mum is offline <--- Tommy Campbell, T.C, Baldie.....whatever you call him, he is ours!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All my friends joke that i married my hubby cause of his house keeping skills! He is the neatest, cleanest, most organised man in the history of men!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I demand he helps me, I work full time too, thesame hours as he does, contribute 50% money wise towards housing, bills, so yeah, its his obligation! He needs to be reminded that he is not the only one exhausted/tired at the end of the day! So yeah, I nag quite a bit but as long as I get the help I don't care! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If I nag and nag mine tunes off to it and doesn't help.