Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH is fantastic - he probably does more around the house than I do (although I would never admit that to him).
    We both clean the house, I cook dinner (because he can't cook anything) and he does the cleaning up, he baths DS, we both do laundry, he feeds the cats and cleans their litter, he gets up with DS at the weekend so I can have a lie-in. He can't make a decent cup of tea though, that's my area of expertise.
    He went to boarding school, and lived with an anal roommate at uni and afterwards so he's pretty much been looking after himself since he was 13.
    He does his own ironing too - I have tried to help but he just re-irons it, so won't make that mistake again.

Sorry Ladies, he's taken..

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does irritate me though that if a man does his share around the house, everyone tells you know marvellous he is and how lucky you are to have him...I wonder how many people tell him how lucky he is to have a wife who spends 80% of her time raising his son, cooking his meals - NO-ONE, because it's expected of me

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're both uni students, but his full time and im currently part time, he also works to help us make ends meet financially.
    So for me he brings in the money and I keep the household in order, I think its a fair compromise and he has had to grow up a lot as he's never had to clean up after himself, so he knows I'm happy just as long as I don't have to pick up his smelly socks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine helps out when he feels like it. I gave been sick for the past week dr. Told me to rest and nothing has gotten done unless I force myself to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default helpful huby

I have to say im very very lucky to have my man. He does pretty much everything! He won't even let me do any washing because we have the cat litter in the laundry and he doesn't want me to be around it while im pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by overitand36 View Post
    Same here I can not believe what some women actually put up with.

One asked where do I find a helpful man I would say you never accept one that is not helpful from day one.
    I could never see what would attract you to such a useless person in the first place let alone have children with them.
    my now husband worked away when we first got together.. we didnt move in together till just before i had #2.. so when we did, i took over and did everything to show i could be the "perfect" housewife.. well 2more kids later and hubby is now like the 5th child. but honestly i've brought it on myself - to some degree.
    he brings in money and thats it. not helpful at all in any other way.
    i do everything as it is. atleast the kids see their dad most days - if he's home before they go to bed.
    if i left what would i gain? nothing apart from more money issues and not having my kids 24/7 - that would gut me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageFest View Post
    My DP works long, hard hours and since I am home all day I dont expect him to come home and clean the house or anything like that. If I were working it would be a different story but the fact is that he is out there earning so we can keep this roof over our heads and so that I have the opportuniy to stay home so I dont mind doing the cooking and cleaning while he is gone. Its not hard and it doesnt take long anyways.

When he is home though he will offer to d dishes after dinner andalways asks me if I would like him to do anything. He also loves spending time playing with DS when he gets home a couple of hours before Ds bedtime so I dont mind cleaning up after dinner so he can have that time with him.
    DH works hard all week and sometimes on weekends too. All I ask of him is to mow the lawn and take out the bins if he is home. He works hard so we have enough of everything we need and so I don't 'have' to work. I work causual for 3 hours per week, it's not much but it's all I can do atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my dp works hard too and I never expected him to cook or clean until I was working long hours while pregnant and was still doing everything so now I expect him to do more when he is around on the weekends or having a day off . reading to/putting our dd3 to bed sometimes would be nice or even a bit of handyman stuff like making me a kitchen, I hate seeing my family sitting around on the weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yes we have our specific jobs and then things we do together.

DH does the kitchen morning and night, all the ironing and the rubbish. He also steam mops the house every second night.

he does most of the cooking and he does homework with one child each night..while I am with the other.

possanda is offline Finally, I'm someones mummy..... Dreams come true.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH works long hours and travels through nasty traffic to and from work. He feeds the cats, cleans up after himself, and baths bubs during the week. On the weekends he does not work he takes care of bubs in the mornings so I can sleep in and does the evening routine so that I can catch up on things I have missed during the week.
    I'm going back to work soon a couple of days a week so hopefully he'll help out more..... Hopefully!!!