Poll: Does your partner help around the house?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Same here Opinionated. He will sit around in a pigsty of a house and unless I tell him specifically what to do he just won't. It's like having a 4th child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This thread has made me appreciate my husband even moreso...I can't believe some of the things I have read in here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellini View Post
    Ugh DH gets those comments all of the time, it's digusting! Seriously, it's 2010 people!

He's in the army and when he broke his hand he couldn't iron his uniform properly...and the person who commands him said "You have a wife don't you? Doesn't she iron your clothes"???
    God I would have felt like having a few words.

Once Grant was at cricket and his clothes had heaps of grass stains on them and one of his friends from cricket (a man about 40ish) says to me "looks like you have a bit of washing to do" and I said "not really, he's 25 he can wash his own sh!t can't he?" he didn't say a thing.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This thread has made me appreciate my husband even moreso...I can't believe some of the things I have read in here
    I know what you mean! I'm laying on bed feeding with a milo,(which DH brought to me) and DH just popped in to check if I needed a bikkie before he hangs out the washing (which he did while I had a nap)
    I'm doing a bit more these days but for 3months DH has done 100% of the house/food/chores as I was on bedrest before DD and took a few weeks to recover afterwards.
    and he also found time to fix my mums tap, mow nanas lawn and help my BIL fencing.
    I appreciate him so much and tell him/thank him constantly.
    caught myself a great man

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH does heaps with the kids and even more around the house! When he's home he does more cleaning than I do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    defaipe I think it's a really nice thing for you to do your husband's clothes nobody takes issue when one is willing. I find the problem is (as Bellini stated) that ironing is considered "women's work" still, TO THIS DAY.

I work full-time for my family too. As does my partner. I have to iron/wash/fold my own clothes, I don't see why it is still seen as something *only* for SAHMs. The world has changed so much and people need to realise that working outside the home does not make for a free pass when we get home.

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    He sure does...when he is home that is. He is away for months at a time so I LOVE the help when he gets home

I always cook every night he is home & he automatically gets up, does the dishes & makes us a pot of tea. Its our routine.

He also helps with vacuuming & steam mopping, he does the lawns etc.

The only thing i wont let him do is washing. Im a bit of a control freak when it comes to my washing & hanging out of clothes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same here I can not believe what some women actually put up with.

One asked where do I find a helpful man I would say you never accept one that is not helpful from day one.
    I could never see what would attract you to such a useless person in the first place let alone have children with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still looking for that 'helpful hubby microchip' LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by overitand36 View Post
    Same here I can not believe what some women actually put up with.

One asked where do I find a helpful man I would say you never accept one that is not helpful from day one.
    I could never see what would attract you to such a useless person in the first place let alone have children with them.
    The thing is for me and I'm guessing other women too, my partner wasn't always like this. When we first got together and even for some time after he DID help out.