+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oo all of this is interesting.
    I don't have twins but My younger sisters are ID twins. They've never had a DNA test but gosh they look alike. They are almost the same person besides a personality where one is quiet one is loud and one is slightly taller then the other by like 3 cms. But many people can't tell them apart besides me.

Family warns me I have a high chance to conceive twins but this my first viable pregnancy but I've only fallen with singletons. My mum was 25 when she fell with my sisters and it was 100% natural.

She told me they found out at 12 weeks one was hiding behind the other but she can't remember if they shared placenta or anything else helpful. So the rest is a mystery.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Don't believe the propaganda! I don't think you are any more likely to fall pregnant with twins than the rest of the population! (Esp since your sisters are ID)

Congratulations on your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Don't believe the propaganda! I don't think you are any more likely to fall pregnant with twins than the rest of the population! (Esp since your sisters are ID)

Congratulations on your pregnancy
    That was my suspicion all along this thread helped. <3

Naw thanks !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is a fascinating thread! There is a girl in my mothers group with di twins and according to her there is a very strong trend in her family of twins, like every generation and sometimes up to three women in one generation with di twins as well as women having more than one set of twins. There must be a strong gene for two ova being released in that famil!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My grandmother had twins (fraternal) and there have been no twins since my daughters pregnancy in 2003 (my 3rd pregnancy) (I was carrying fraternal but one died in utero).

I have since been told that with each subsequent pregnancy my chances of having twins again increase but so far no twins (yet to find out with this pregnancy). I have been pregnant now 3 times since the twins.

ETA reading back through that the 3rd pregnancy was my twins and I am now 3rd again since then spooky LOL!!.
    Last edited by Hokey Pokey; 25-01-2012 at 07:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well im expecting twins and the only connection family wise is my uncle (my dad's older brother) was a twin (one died). i dont understand how the gene could be passed on to me so i definitely agree with the random theory.

unicornsandrainbows is offline Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm 6w 3 days with twins. It runs in my family my mother is part of triplets!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to unicornsandrainbows For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (14-08-2015)