Poll: Do you/will you go back to work after having children? (under 2 years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love being a SAHM, it was always my intentions, I don't plan on studying untill my youngest (hopefully my 4th) is in kindy, or possibly beforehand depending on which relatives are avaliable to babysit.
    I've suggested once or twice about finding work with DH and he has refused, he would much rather work 2 jobs then have me work and not be with the kids. But luckily DH wage is plenty enough for us at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DS is 10 months old, I plan on going back to work when he's around 15 months old. Possibly earlier.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i was made redundant when i fell pregnant with DD - which was a real blow at the tim but the massive payout bought our new house & paid for me to have seven months off with no drop in our income. Since then DH has had a payrise so i don't need to go back to work.

I miss the social aspects & the challenges of work, but i would hate to miss out on anything with DD so i am happy to be here with her.

Now that I am pregnant again & have started uni again, i am planing to be at home for the next 5 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    I went back to work parttime when DS was 8months old. I'm still working part time and expressing at work.

I did it primarily for financial reasons but I really do enjoy time away from the home, especially now that I'm a single mum it's some time away from DS and I NEED that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, I went back to work when DS was 7 months, and will do the same after bub #2 is born in July.

I didn't/don't want to go back. I have no choice. We can't survive on the money DH makes.

It is my dream to be a SAHM - but it will always be a dream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will have to go back to work after I've had my maternity leave..
    I'm hoping that my DP and I will be able to afford for me to only go back Part-Time, but we will have to wait and see.
    I would love to be a SAHM too but unfortunately thats not a possibility to us..
    I have a 'friend' who is currently making me feel bad about only taking the maternity leave that I'm entitled to and not staying home til my baby is one. Needless to say, she has no children and her husband earns more than enough for her to be able to stay home when/if they have kids.

MagicalLeopluradon is offline Shun the non believer shunnnn shunnnnnn
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Our boys are 21.5 months and almost 11 months and I wont be going back to work until they are both in school. I love being a stay at home Mum and just being with them 24/7. They dont go to childcare, I just dont want to miss out on anything. WOuldnt change it for the world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what to put. I thought I wanted to be a SAHM as I've been to uni, had a career, travelled the world and we can afford it but I have a 17 month old and a 3 month old and while I love them to peices I've been feeling like a feeding, cleaning machine lately, like ive lost me as a person and really miss my old job. Mostly I love being a SAHM

though

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (22-01-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep when dd1 was 3 months old..hated every minute of it...i felt i missed so much of her "firsts" but had to for financial reasons with dd2 i went back 3 days a week when she was 10 months....for financial reasons...had just brought a house(moved in a week before dd2 arrived) so we struggled for the 1st 10 months but was worth it...we are also very blessed that dps mum babysits the girls...she loves it...i love it cos i dont have daycare fees...but if i had to pay them it would not be beneficial for me to work...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going back after a holiday in Fiji in may. Im looking forward to it after having DS in 07, DS in 09 but was only with us for 16days and now DD 2010 and that's it NO more babies for me. Looking forward to watching my family grow and florish.