Poll: Do you/will you go back to work after having children? (under 2 years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, when my youngest was 10 months and my eldest was 22 months, but only because I had family to mind them.

I wouldn't have gone back to work if it meant using daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have always wanted to be a stay at home Mum. But our income won't allow for this.
    So when the day comes I think I will do part time 3 days in the office and 1 working from home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My plan was to work again when my baby turns 1, so that I can help my husband with our daily financial needs/expenses, but since I am exclusively breastfeeding my baby, I decided to be a full time mom and wait until he weaned from bf. But now that he's already 2 years old, he's still breastfed that's why I can't find a job outside. I decided to look for a home-based job so that I'll still be able to nurse him and take care of him while earning. And right now, I am on my journey in seeking career for a SAHM (stay at home mom) like me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paige14 For This Useful Post:

jasmineAlpino  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yes and no

I returned to work when my first was 9 month when I stopped breastfeeding, after a few months fell pregnant worked untill I was due had a year off as I was breastfeeding went back to work pregnant had 6months off while breastfeeding found out number four on the way - so four kids four years apart none in school I thought that's enough work for me so resigned

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone who has spent many years in the childcare industry I have witnessed the firsts and big milestones for many children, first words, first steps and so many other amazing moments! I want to be the person to witness these amazing moments with my child; they grow up so fast and I don't want to miss a thing! I will be staying home when I have my baby this year! I realise it can be very hard financially for mums to stay home and I don't blame other mums for making the decision to return to work!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Natie Nat For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went back to work part time when my DS1 was 7 months old and I loved it. It wasn't so much that I have the best job in the world (I'm a vet) but it gave me a break from being a mummy and doing something else for a few days. While lots of people settle into the role of mum straight away and find it the most rewarding job in the world I have struggled a bit and it's only really now my son is 14 months old that I can say I look forward to waking up and spending the day with him, rather than it being a chore. Some people might find that awful but being a parent is really tough and it's not always rainbows and butterflies. Now I'm 20 weeks pregnant with number 2 and just moved here from UK a month ago so it's not really possible for me to find a job for a couple of months while trying to arrange child care. As I've said I am enjoying spending time with my little boy but I really miss the challenge of work and feeling useful. I know being a mum is the hardest and most important job in the world but I do like the feeling of being an independent woman, earning her own money and being respected in my job.

So in short, yep I'm one of those who does like working and being a mum and right now I wish I had a part time job doing what I love.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

Izy  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, I'll be staying home until #2 (not yet conceived) starts in prep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope staying at home at least till our youngest is at school ( shes 9 months old)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Nh2489 that was really refreshing to read! Thank you for your honesty and candor!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (19-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back 2 days a week when my ds was 1. I was only happy to do it because my mum was able to look after him, which I am very lucky to have. I enjoy work, I like my job and the extra money is good, especially as we need to do more IVF. He's just started childcare 2 days now and I was putting it off but even though we're having some hiccups dropping him off, I think he's getting a lot out of it. It can be tricky to balance it all.