Poll: Do you/will you go back to work after having children? (under 2 years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    for dd1 i was in talks to return part-time (new role) which never got off the ground because they couldn't get it through budget. (this was when she was about 1 year). when the job fell through i wanted another bubba, so just got pregnant instead.

DD2 i wanted to go back when she was about 15m but my daycare had no spots so i waited until the New Year, then slowly started applying. it took a few months, but i started a new job last week. dd2 is 22mo now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back to work when my youngest turned 1. Both good and bad, she learnt so much at daycare more then I know I could have offered her. But I really felt like I wasn't finished being a mum so I knew another stay at home stint was going to happen.

I e came qualified in my field and once I had done that, I felt I had ticked that box on my bucket list and I no longer needed to pursue a career, and along came the baby urge.. Here i'am pregnant again.

It's unlikely I will go back to work until we are in a position where we won't need to utilise daycare as with 3 kids I might as well kiss my wages goodbye.

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont plan to once bub arrives, but i may casully if we need the money or I feel like I need it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never went back after DD1 she is now 2. And we have just found out we are pregnant again. I won't be going back till the two are in school and only then will it be part time. I am now 32 we waited to have children so I could stay with them longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never went back. I was going to once our 1st turned 3, but found out I was pregnant and the same happened with our 2nd - once I'd decided to find work pregnant again. Thankfully now we are in a position where I don't need to get back to work, so I can take more time with the kids. I don't plan on that pregnant thing happening again lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did the first two times, with my eldest and the twins. I haven't this time, due to having 3 kids that aren't at school, one who is autistic and requires heaps of different therapies during the week. I am enrolling in Uni while I'm off work to try and get something behind me because I will have been out of the work force for about 5 years before I go back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to once DS was 12 months but I decided I couldn't do the travel each day (1.5 hrs each way) I asked for a transfer and they couldn't give it to me so I resigned... My husband also got a fifo job when DS was 6 months old so it made the decision easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definitely going back, very excited to! Daughter will be 17 weeks and I'm going back part time for 5 weeks then full time. I was going to go back full time straight away but thought that f/t after 17 weeks off would be a shock so decided to ease into it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back to work when my little girl was 4 months old and hated it so now lo is 9 months old I'm jobless and we are starting to struggle for money again, its so hard being torn between wanting to spend time with her and having to supply everything. Its hard to cope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back when DD was a few months old, by that time I was SO bored at home! I went back part time and am still part time almost 2 years later