Poll: Do you/will you go back to work after having children? (under 2 years)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I planned on going back to work when DD was 6 weeks. I have been lucky enough that DF got a job that pays more than enough for me to stay at home.

I now have ds who is just 1 and pregnant with number 3.

It is financially better for us if I stay at home until they are all in school. Even then I will working from home with my own business so I can do school pick up/drop off, assemblies, home work, house work, cooking etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went back to work to keep my job when my DS was 11.5mths old. I would've rather not had to go back but I didn't want to go find other work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went back to work three days when DS was 9 months old and love it and don't regret it. DS is in daycare and there was an adjustment period (and still is as its only been 6 weeks) but we are getting there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't plan to go back to work. It's not that I wouldn't like to return to the workforce once my daughters are all at school but I just don't see it possible. 4 daughters, after school care fees, a hubby that will work away often plus a daughter with diabetes so I like to be on call and close to her school if anything happens.
    In saying that I am getting a little business started that I can work from home which will keep me busy and help contribute to the families finances.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've decided to do a bit of WAHM from home when hubby is home on R&R, just party plan stuff. I'm enjoying interacting with different people and the extra cash doesn't hurt my bank account

ETA DD will be 2 in just under 3 months but I'm only gone for a few hours and she is with her Daddy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I will go back FT. Financially I have to! But not until my youngest is 1yo

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want to - I love working! But I will be finishing uni fulltime... if that counts as work? (I voted other in the poll). I might do some work from home depending how things play out around July/August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No i didnt go back to work. DD is now 2.5 and im still at home with no plans to return.

For us, we dont like childcare so we have made sacrifices so i can be a sahm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't go back to work untill I had my 2nd child and i only did it because I needed more to life......then # 3 came along and I was happy to be a sahm as I was busy again....but after #4 I got tooo crazy come housework and OCD that for my my own sanity I went back to work at nights to occupy myself. I went on maternity leave as soon as I fell preg with #5 and once she was 4 months old I had no choice but to go back to work just to make ends meet, pay the bills and have money to enjoy the basics of life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back to work after 6 months maternity leave for 2 days a week which I had organised with my boss. Before I came back my boss left and the new boss was only giving me 1 day a week and it wasn't worth it so I quit. When dd was 18 mths old I was getting bored and restless at home so I went back 3 days a week with a set shift that works around our life. I work in childcare too so dd comes with me. We are ttc at the moment and ideally I'd like to be at home for 18 mths at least again and once my children are in school I'll go back full time.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app